Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Fungus

Quote from: ZippoCreed on 08 January, 2016, 05:21:55 PM
Just found this on CBR (please forgive if posted elsewhere):

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/alan-moores-forgotten-work-monster-receives-reprint-from-2000-ad

Fine news. The article states 190 pgs, that poses other questions about what else we get besides... plenty Scream content to choose from. So many questions.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Fungus on 08 January, 2016, 06:33:31 PM
Quote from: ZippoCreed on 08 January, 2016, 05:21:55 PM
Just found this on CBR (please forgive if posted elsewhere):

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/alan-moores-forgotten-work-monster-receives-reprint-from-2000-ad

Fine news. The article states 190 pgs, that poses other questions about what else we get besides... plenty Scream content to choose from. So many questions.

Wow very cool. Have to be honest to my shame I didn't even know this existed so this is pretty exciting.

A bit of me feel sorry for Maranddavid after all his good, no great, no SENSATIONAL work with Hibernia Rebellion are stealing his thunder!* But then it'll probably find a bigger audience this way.

*This is of course utterly unfair as I have no idea if Hibernia had any plans to do this, or whether they'd have had the clout to get it, but its not going to stop me leaping to unfounded conclusions!

Hawkmumbler

Knowing M&D he's probably just happy to see it reprinted at all. As we all should be, fantastic news.

maryanddavid

QuoteA bit of me feel sorry for Maranddavid after all his good, no great, no SENSATIONAL work with Hibernia Rebellion are stealing his thunder!* But then it'll probably find a bigger audience this way.

Not at all Colin, It's great news. I have known of it for a while, I even got to help out in a small way on the book. Looking forward to it, Rebellion know how to package this sort of material, The Dan Dare book was fantastic.

Fungus

Glad to read that, maryanddavid, very magnanimous. Wouldn't be surprised to see Hibernia credited in this new collection, feels like they kickstarted this most excellent trend for reprints.

Dash Decent

The more material out the better, and it's great to see Rebellion looking at stories from Scream and Eagle.  If they enlarge into the horror reprint pitch, well, it will just mean maryanddavid will be able to consider that UK funny comic reprint title a bit sooner!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Max Headroom

Any chance the powers-that-be could provide us with a complete listing of the year's graphic novel releases?

Dash Decent

Now listed for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Judge Dredd: Mega-City Zero - volume 1 – 23rd June 2016, IDW, paperback, 100 pages.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Monster - Paperback, 14th July 2016, 192 pages.

For all of his young life, Kenneth had been plagued by a feeling that there was something horrific dwelling in his house of secrets. But he had to know what was up there. He had to know what had killed his dad. And now he would face the horrors behind the attic door...

ABC Warriors: Return to Ro-Busters -  Hardcover, 14th July 2016, 96 pages.

Mars, the far future. War droids created for a conflict that ended centuries ago, the ABC Warriors are resistant to Atomic, Bacterial and Chemical warfare. Charged with bringing peace to the civil war-ravaged frontier colonies on the Red Planet, the Warriors have finally recruited ex-member Happy Shrapnel.

Realising that their maker, Ro-Busters CEO Howard Quartz, is the figurehead behind most of the devastation on Mars, the Warriors decide to terminate him. The problem is that due to their programming, they can't.

And yet, there was one robot who defied Quartz on a regular basis. An ex-sewer droid with a bad attitude... An ally of the A.B.C. Warriors called Ro-Jaws...

Bad Company: First Casualties -  Paperback, 16th June 2016, 96 pages.

It's been a decade since the vicious war with the Krool on the planet Ararat. Ex-members of the legendary guerrilla unit known as Bad Company are preparing for a ten-year anniversary memorial service.

But now their near-mythic leader, Kano, has resurfaced and Danny Franks, Thrax, Mad Tommy and Fly-Trap, have stopped taken their meds and travelled back to Ararat for answers...

And now back to Bob in the studio.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

vark

Quote from: Max Headroom on 23 January, 2016, 08:50:08 PM
Any chance the powers-that-be could provide us with a complete listing of the year's graphic novel releases?
I second that!

Batman's Superior Cousin

MAY SOLICITATIONS

20000AD - [spoiler]Blazing SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! In Judge Dredd: "The Lion's Den" by Michael Carroll and PJ Holden, the conspiracy tightens on Judge Joyce as he goes on the run in Brit-Cit, and the power struggle continues in Mega-City One. Elsewhere, the Survival Geeks have a cuckoo in the midst in "Lord of the Ringers" by Gordon Rennie, Emma Beeby and Neil Googe; the investigation continues in the darkest of deep space in "Brink" by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard; a planet succumbs to the Dark Judges in "Tainted: The Fall of Deadworld" by Kek-W and Dave Kendall; and the third book of the Brutania Chronicles begins in Slaine: "Psychopomp" by Pat Mills and Simon Davis, as the Celtic warrior fights to free himself from the clutches of the evil Drune Lords![/spoiler]

Judge Dredd Megazine - [spoiler]More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! Judges Rico and Koburn head deeper into the Cursed Earth in Judge Dredd: "Dust to Dust" by Michael Carroll and Henry Flint; Deputy Pettifer must make a choice about picking up the Lawgiver and becoming Marshal in "Lawless" by Dan Abnett and Phil Winslade; a brand-new story starts in the shape of "Blunt" by T.C. Eglington and Boo Cook, as a crash on frontier planet means a desperate hunt for survivors; and there's more bloodsoaked drama in the terrifying black-metal vampire epic "Realm of the Damned" by Alec Worley and Pye Parr. Plus, in the bagged graphic novel this month, future sport has never been more bizarre than slamboarding in "Second City Blues" by Kek-W and Warren Pleece![/spoiler]
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dash Decent

Judge Anderson: The Psi Files 5 - Paperback, 11th August 2016, 320 pages.

Psi-Division's toughest Judge, Cassandra Anderson, returns to the streets of Mega-City One, having awoken from the coma she fell into following her exposure to the Half-Live virus.

But there is no respite for this Psi Judge. City-wide disasters face her at every turn, including everything from a hideous new disease manufactured by the Sisters of Death and Block-sized city-stomping robots!

Ro-Busters: The Complete Nuts and Bolts Vol 2
, Hardcover, 11th August 2016, 246 pages.

The robots are in revolt! The boss of Ro-Busters Howard Quartz also known as Mr. Ten Per Cent (90% of him is robotic), has seen his stocks plummet due to his involvement in the attempted demolition of Northpool.  In order to stop from going bankrupt, Quartz plans to destroy a number of his robots in a staged accident, including Hammerstein & Ro-Jaws!

Having got wind of Quartz's plan, the duo seek out the robot underground, who organise the safe evacuation of unwanted robots to a distant moon. Before long, it's man Vs machine in a battle for freedom!
This action-packed finale to the Ro-Busters strip includes star-studded backup stories from Alan Moore, Steve Dillon and Bryan Talbot.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dash Decent on 03 March, 2016, 11:45:02 AM

Judge Anderson: The Psi Files 5 - Paperback, 11th August 2016, 320 pages.

Psi-Division's toughest Judge, Cassandra Anderson, returns to the streets of Mega-City One, having awoken from the coma she fell into following her exposure to the Half-Live virus.

But there is no respite for this Psi Judge. City-wide disasters face her at every turn, including everything from a hideous new disease manufactured by the Sisters of Death and Block-sized city-stomping robots!

FANTASTIC - I've been waiting for this one. This volume brings the series up to the stuff I've not got from the Meg. Can't wait!

ming

Sooner or Later is nearing release, which is fantastic, but is there a reason why Tony Wright (Riot) doesn't get a credit on the cover?  He's in the credit boxes on most episodes and contributed a lot to this.  Just curious...