Main Menu

It's a Droids Life: Rob Williams

Started by Wake, 28 May, 2008, 12:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Firey-Bou

what a great thread !  Thanks Rob for taking on this time consuming challenge.

I'm all for re-caps too, i think its an old age related information retention problem.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Wake

Because responding to this thread live could be very time consuming, I've suggested to Rob that he pace himeself. Also, he may not be able to answer everything, though my hope is that he will at least have time to read it all.

Byron Virgo

What's your opinion of former Arsenal defender and favourite son of Dagenham Tony Adams?

ukdane

Rob:

1) I've read and enjoyed all your Star Wars comics. Why would you recommend that I pick up you Indiana Jones book?

2) Which are you most proud of writing Star Wars comics, Indy Jones comics, or working for 2000ad, and why? What do you feel are the main differences working for 2000ad in comparrison to working for Dark Horse?

3) Do you have more Dark Horse work in the pipeline?

Thanks for your time.
Cheers

-Daney

mastertsan

Hi, I have a question about 10 secs.  I think you have great ideas about alternate superhero stories, Cla$$war was fantastic, and now 10 seconders.  But the first series seemed a little rushed, while the second seemed a little long, and as many people pointed out, a little confusing at points.  With hindsight, would you go back and change any of the story, or characters even; for example bring them in earlier or left them out altogether?  Are writers as self critical as the fans??
Thanks.
Jon
p.s. For what my opinion is worth I thought 10 seconders was great, and it will read much better as a graphic I think.    

Art

Screenplay formated scripts: Threat or menace?

Art

(an excellent idea for a thread, BTW, I'd love to see more of these in future)

Mardroid

I rather liked 10 Seconders too.

The following question isn't to Rob specifically, but it does relate to 10 Seconders.

Considering the first few episodes were put up on the site, could the rest be put up there too?  It was a bit strange reading the first lot, then finding a large gap between that earlier arc and the latest.

Cheers.

Lord Running Clam

On 10 Seconders did you give much detail on how you wanted the Gods to look or leave it more for the artists to create the look?

Is there a lot of back and forth between you and the artist when it comes to the look of the new stories and characters?

Which of the Gods was your favourite to write for?

Rob1971

Gavin. Boring answer this, I know, but I like writing them both for different reasons. Frank's just enormous silly fun - and a lot easier to write in that I can just burble away in train-of-thought silly dialogue mode, and thus far every Frank script has made me giggle when I'm writing it, which is both somewhat sad and probably a good sign.

Aimee, on the other hand, is probably more satisfying as I really feel I know who she is in a way that probably isn't as true of any other character I've written. She's dark, complex and thoroughly screwed up. That makes her interesting and challenging to write in a way Frank isnt.

Rob1971

Funt solo. I did have a second story sketched out for Family but I never got around to pitching it and  I never got the impression editorial were that bothered either, although Alan Barnes was always very supportive of the story. Re-read some of the graphic novel a while back and it's not the favourite thing I've written. The high concept was better than the end result, I think.

Rob1971

WoD. Harris is from the Rhondda and so am I. I thought it was about time a Welsh character found his way into 2000ad. It's been a while since The Red Dragon ("oh dear, I think I've broken him" - I was gutted).

Not based on anyone specific. He's a hard drinking, rollie-smoking, occasionally violent shortarse. There's no shortage of them in the Rhondda.

WoD

I'm in Miskin...far posher than Rhondda...

WoD

We still have our fair share of those types though!!