Main Menu

Meg 369: He has awoken

Started by Ghost MacRoth, 13 February, 2016, 03:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost MacRoth

Cover: Meh...take it or leave it...nowt wroing, but nowt special...however...it does hida rather a good interior. ;)

Dredd: Still a wee bit muddy on the visuals, but not so much that it detracts.  Tale itself ain't doing much for me the now.

Sensetive Klegg insert: Lol, odd.....was just sat with Alex the other night looking at how he did this one!  Had no idea how his process works....thought I did, but was VERY wrong!  Man's a genius.

Interview 1 and 2.....yep, skipped 'em.

Realm of The Damned:  Consider my attention grabbed.

Interview 3:  oooh, Al Ewing?  Might be inter....nah.....skipped.

Demarco: Think I must have forgot something from previous weeks....otherwise this tale just took a sharp left I was not expecting.  Not sure how I should rate that yet.

Dredd Dust:  Wilsher's art is just great.  Tale is rolling along, nowt over mental this week....ambling along....fair one....will amble alongside. ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Freddychopper

Thanks for the Meg today, Mr. Postie - and not bent through the letter box, this time!

Strange cover this month. I like that it's different but at first glance wasn't quite sure what I was actually looking at?

Loving the Gyre storyline. Percival's fabulous art always impresses and the attention to detail and lighting are fantastic. Very cinematic and moody. Feels like a Dredd movie, we will never get. Interested to see how this wraps up next month but get the feeling it could have been a longer story? Maybe next time

Interviews were great and I've always liked these. I've never minded the 'magazine' feel of the megazine, although I know it's a sore point for some folk.

Realm of The Damned was off to a good start. Very 'grey' ! but makes all that red stand out! Not the biggest fan of vampires but this looks like a different take on it all.

Going back to re-read the Demarco episodes. Good stuff but feel this will read  better in one go.

Dust is OK. Artwork seems a little bit empty and has a 'rushed' look to it but I do like that we are getting to see more of the movie Dredd's world and hope this will be a semi-regular slot.

Whole issue kept me busy and entertained on a Saturday morning, so that's good in my book! :)

jannerboyuk

Didn't get my Meg today, joint sub not withstanding! Will be my first by sub too, so was looking forward to it :(

Timothy

Timothy

Or have I read the cover wrong too?

Proudhuff

Cover: hides a rather a good interior. ;) not sure how many punters it will pull in.

Dredd: Still a wee bit muddy on the visuals,  so much that it detracts.  Could really do with a lot of different camera angles too, everything 'shot' at shoulder height POV.  Tale itself fine.

Sensetive Klegg insert: Sitting with Dode C and spotted one in Edinbra...see other thread..  Man's a genius.

Interview 1 and 2....skipped 'em in recent Megas, but was interested in Dan's USA Dredd ... its not my favourite and would disagree wholeheartedly with the 'Boiling mass of neuroses' take on Dredd.

Realm of The Damned:  No need for the C word here, its use reminds me of wee boys shouting rude words on the bus, its not big and its not clever... but a good start to the story

Interview 3:  oooh, Al Ewing?  could have done with more 2k and Whovian and less Double Gussetwearers.

Demarco: Think I must have forgot something from previous weeks....otherwise nice drawing of a DM

Dredd Dust:  Best bit of the Megazine! art and story beautifully realised top hole stuff.

Dreddlines appears and yes the dreaded Watson appears brown nosing as I taught him

Cheers Ghost :wave:
DDT did a job on me

Ghost MacRoth

At least you fixed the mistypes!  I can go with that. ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Freddychopper

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 February, 2016, 09:19:37 PM

Could really do with a lot of different camera angles too, everything 'shot' at shoulder height POV.  Tale itself fine.

[

Er. Not sure what art you're looking at. There's high angle and low angle 'camera' placements and the normal mid-shots, close ups, long shots, dutch angles, etc. Maybe Percival should ask your expert advice for layouts  on the next Dredd story?  ;)

Banners

Alec Worley is a better writer than I'll ever be, and Pye Parr a vastly superior designer and artist. And of course, as ever, we praise Tharg for his munificence. I'm all for the creator-owned slot, I know it is supposed to take a risk in supporting new and/or independent talent, and I know the strip looks great and is supposed to shock.

But that episode of Realm of the Damned has me questioning my subscription. It's vile, utterly horrid and hateful, and this is coming from someone with a complete set of Preacher and plenty of metal in my music collection.

Sorry, guys, but I simply want no further part of it my life nor in my home.

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Well this could go either way for me. Roll on Wednesday I guess!

IndigoPrime

Enjoyed the Gyre and movie Dredd, but DeMarco's lost me. I'm not sure why, given that DeMarco plots aren't exactly labyrinthine, so that probably needs a reread. Nice to see Ewing isn't necessarily entirely lost to us. He clearly just needs to clone himself a couple of times. Easy!

Realm of the Damned... Mm. I'm not sure what to make of this either. Like Banners, I'm big fans of both of the creative team, but the opener didn't really grab me, and it did seem to be overly knowingly going for: Look! Adult comic! I'm willing to give it a shot. Hell, I even read all of Ostriches. But the opener feels like a grubby comedown after the bonkers Grist tale we'd had over recent months.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Freddychopper on 14 February, 2016, 07:24:26 AM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 February, 2016, 09:19:37 PM

Could really do with a lot of different camera angles too, everything 'shot' at shoulder height POV.  Tale itself fine.

[

Er. Not sure what art you're looking at. There's high angle and low angle 'camera' placements and the normal mid-shots, close ups, long shots, dutch angles, etc. Maybe Percival should ask your expert advice for layouts  on the next Dredd story?  ;)

I'll go back and have a deek, always happy to admit a mouthful of wrong, also entitled to (hopefully) constructive criticism. 
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

That 'Realm of the Damned' is just screaming out 'Look at me! Controversial!' - For your money you get two 'cunts' and eight 'fucks' and a demon dude pissing blood into someone's mouth. Not offended just a bit disappointed.