Main Menu

A Barney With Barney

Started by davidblack, 02 October, 2012, 05:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidblack

Is anyone else having trouble with Barney?

The prog and strip info all seems to still be there, but when you click on an individual's name you can only access their first credit and most recent credit. While the list along right hand side which would give you access to everything in between has turned into gibberish.

Here's a link to Peter Knight's particular gibberish:
http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=droid&page=profiles&choice=PETERK

And here's a chunk of the gibberish in case I'm the only one seeing it:
"; else echo ""; $SearchSuccess=0; $Database="Thrills2000AD"; $Comic_col="2000AD"; $Field_col="Writer"; $query = "SELECT count(*) as total FROM $Database WHERE $Field_col = '$choice' OR $Field_col LIKE '%[$choice]%'"; $result = mysql_query($query); $Stories = mysql_result($result, 0, "total"); if ($Stories) { echo

I know Barney is no longer updated, but there is such a wealth of info on there that it would be very unfortunate if it stopped working before a replacement was available.

CrazyFoxMachine

Ah - yus, I was going to bring this up yesterday - what's the deal?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: davidblack on 02 October, 2012, 05:03:19 AM
I know Barney is no longer updated...

It is actually, though only semi-frequently. The last prog is 1791, about three months ago.
@jamesfeistdraws

James Stacey

The prog and strip info all seems to still be there, but when you click on an individual's name you can only access their first credit and most recent credit. While the list along right hand side which would give you access to everything in between has turned into gibberish.

"; else echo ""; $SearchSuccess=0; $Database="Thrills2000AD"; $Comic_col="2000AD"; $Field_col="Writer"; $query = "SELECT count(*) as total FROM $Database WHERE $Field_col = '$choice' OR $Field_col LIKE '%[$choice]%'"; $result = mysql_query($query); $Stories = mysql_result($result, 0, "total"); if ($Stories) { echo

I know Barney is no longer updated, but there is such a wealth of info on there that it would be very unfortunate if it stopped working before a replacement was available.

Oi that's not gibberish its PHP. It could do with being fixed sharpish as it's got lots of database details in there that could lead to a hack.

davidblack

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 October, 2012, 11:54:23 AM
I know Barney is no longer updated...

It is actually, though only semi-frequently. The last prog is 1791, about three months ago.

That is good news.

Quote from: James Stacey on 03 October, 2012, 02:57:08 PM

Oi that's not gibberish its PHP. It could do with being fixed sharpish as it's got lots of database details in there that could lead to a hack.

One man's gibberish is another man PHP.

Is there a better way of reporting this, other than a thread like this?

I, Cosh

Quote from: davidblack on 04 October, 2012, 04:13:45 PM

Indeed. What's interesting is that it's only on the creator pages that this is happening; it's still returning the results rather than the query string on the thrill pages.

I've sent Wake a message about it, so hopefully he'll be able to look at it sometime soon.
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: The Cosh on 04 October, 2012, 05:16:20 PM
Quote from: davidblack on 04 October, 2012, 04:13:45 PM

Indeed. What's interesting is that it's only on the creator pages that this is happening; it's still returning the results rather than the query string on the thrill pages.

I've sent Wake a message about it, so hopefully he'll be able to look at it sometime soon.

Look, this may be a geek forum but there's no need for that kind of chat.

Reported.
Lock up your spoons!

Wake

Thanks for the heads up!

It looks like my php code for that include only had <? at the start instead of <?php and at some point in the last few weeks the server has decided it no longer knew what type of code it was. There could be only instances of the same problem on the site, so please tell me if you spot any.

Sorry for the erratic updates to BARNEY. At the moment The Cosh is uploading credit details but he can only do that when I've done the covers. I'm overdue to upload a batch but don't have time today.

Cheers,

Wake

James Stacey

PHP 5.3 has short tags turned off by default. It's a real pain