Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

As a seasonal treat and with one eye on the 'Thin Ice Awards' let's see what we've been eating with a festive flavour.

As her annual compensation for putting up with things the wife gets an Christmas night out in the big city. Shamefully lunch in Ad-Lib wasn't photographed but we went on to Fifi & Ally's in the plush Princes Square for dessert. I had this massive meringue which came with a big pot of fresh cream - none of that squirty crap here - and a lovely pile of berries.mmmmmm it were great.

After relaxing in our plush hostel, er, hotel we went to Akbars for a curry. Luckily it wasn't a trap (bit for our Star Wars fan readership there) and we had a fine feed. They cover your table with rose petals on arrival and offer stuff like 'liver tikka' which the wife loved. I had this delicious spinich and lamb balti and although it looks like a pile of crap it was excellent.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

COMMANDO FORCES

Spikes

Buttonman

Bloody Johnny come latelys. If I had't stolen the idea off that schoolgirl I'd be livid!

Buttonman

Tomorrow I head for Milan with more shirts and a hearty appetite. All grub will be documented starting from the executive lounge in Edinburgh airport (prior to the Easyjet flight). Stay tuned if an ageing man having his dinner is your bag.

Proudhuff

Let's hope the shirts have improved and the hands stay ABOVE the table!!!
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Buttonman on 21 March, 2013, 08:35:02 PM
Get professional help if an ageing man having his dinner is your bag.

FTFY

Buttonman

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 March, 2013, 11:09:51 AM
Quote from: Buttonman on 21 March, 2013, 08:35:02 PM
Get professional help if an ageing man having his dinner is your bag.

FTFY

Shut it you.

Hurrah I have returned!

Firstly, for all those thinking I was just stuffing my face, here's me reading, well looking at, some Dredd in 'Mega Gulp' comics in Milan. They had 4 dredd books as well as Halo and Slaine. Swamped by the Manga though - they had tonnes of that stuff.

First up breakfast. We stayed at the Felice Casati Best Western and they had a good buffet arrangement. No fresh fruit (apart from apples and bananas) but lots of favourites like Nutella and pre-packaged do-nuts. The Queen seems to approve at any rate.

Mabs

Talk of the devil - you're back, Buttonman! Well, welcome back. Nice to see you had a great time!  :D
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Spikes

Looking very Bootboy/Suedehead in that top photo, Mr B.  :thumbsup:

Proudhuff

Still taken 'things' in hand I see
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

I see Undertaker Chic is the latest look in Milan then.

Buttonman

Quote from: Dandontdare on 25 March, 2013, 05:39:57 PM
I see Undertaker Chic is the latest look in Milan then.

Shut it you.

None of your Frankie & Bennys rubbish here - some home grown family Italians for us at the cracking 'Sabatini's'.

I started out with some nice ravioli which came with an excellent meat sauce. Great texture with a good tang with basil.

Next up I had the Diavola pizza which was great - a bit mean on the toppings but a nice kick to it. Runny too which I insist upon.

To finish I was struggling making myself understood while pointing at the dessert trolley - well I'm hardly going to get off my ass am I? Anyway I shouted for 'Panna cotta' and the man fetched me one from the fridge - wasn't even on the trolley! It's like I'm a local!

Zarjazzer

Hurrah! The shirts are back and so is top nom. Why does TIME magazine waste it's cover on some politico lickspittle or media fluff head when they could have Buttonman and his ravioli?

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.