Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Is a King Rib battered ribs???

Proudhuff

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 04 January, 2014, 08:15:25 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 04 January, 2014, 01:07:23 PM
If at home I'll add some fried Tempeh or Linda McCartney suasages (too many of the veggie sausages on offer have egg in them for me to trust eating them away from home).

I'm a sucker for Linda McCartney's... once rolled them in puff pastry and made amazing sausage rolls. Glorious.

She/They do sausage rolls too, saves all that flaffing about with pastry, I often scran a whole pack when a bit peckish.

DDT did a job on me

CrazyFoxMachine

mmmm - Right that settles it I'm going to the shop.

Proudhuff

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 09 January, 2014, 12:23:24 PM
mmmm - Right that settles it I'm going to the shop.

Stock up on them from the freezer midnight feasting mmm, and while your at it sir, may i recommend her Mozzarella Quarterpounder served on a bagel? Sound radge but works a treat.
DDT did a job on me

James Stacey

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 04 January, 2014, 08:15:25 PM
I'm a sucker for Linda McCartney's... once rolled them in puff pastry and made amazing sausage rolls. Glorious.
I'm surprised there is any of her left. She's been dead for years.

Frank

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 09 January, 2014, 11:56:24 AM

Shut it!   It's part of our culture.

TordelBack

The juxtaposition of Linda McCartney Sausage Rolls and King Ribs in the same thread probably represents sufficient potential difference to power a major city.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 January, 2014, 07:54:15 PM
The juxtaposition of Linda McCartney Sausage Rolls and King Ribs in the same thread probably represents sufficient potential difference to power a major city.

Aww we are just like a big family aren't we? Huge irreconcilable differences and all.... :'( Sob It's so beautiful.

Buttonman

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 09 January, 2014, 11:56:24 AM

This could be a legitimate question for I've never seen a King Rib south of Gretna although McDonalds do do a McRib which is basically what a King Rib is apart from it's deep fried in batter (naturally). Nice with chips, brown sauce and after ten pints.

Link Prime

James Stacey

I'd never heard of them if it helps. I'll look them out on my Scottish excursions in a fortnight.

gurnard

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 January, 2014, 12:35:08 PM
While your at it sir, may i recommend her Mozzarella Quarterpounder served on a bagel? Sound radge but works a treat.

Actually did this last night - was really good! Cheers for the recommendation Mr Huff!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Colin Zeal

I must admit that the battered rib sounds incredible. I normally go for the black pudding supper on my annual visit to Glasgow but that may be on the menu as well.