Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I dunno, Jayzus - he seems to know absolutely nothing about the prog. I watched one vid last year where he spent half the runtime googling Grennie and Dabnett to see how old they were, and how creepy it was that they wrote comics about "young girls" at their ages.

IIRC the 'young girls' in question were Officer Bridget Curtis (a 'teenager of colour',  apparently), Officer Resting Bitch Face (a 'sad girl' who wants to join the Borg) and Rogue Trooper (he had decided Rogue had actually turned into Venus Bluegenes at some point). Even passing familiarity with the forum would have cured him of that little lot.

EDIT: ah,  that one looks more like it!

Smith

Oh yeah,that guy. :lol:
Priceless stuff.

Professor Bear

He's wrong about absolutely everything, but apart from that he's spot-on.

Funt Solo

Won't somebody think of the straight white males for a change?  Let's call them SWMs for short, because I think I can better be a part of the gang if I use lots of obscure acronyms.  MAGA despite the SJWs!

Why only today I read on the news that a SWM* security guard was accidentally shot dead by the cops because when they arrived on the scene they assumed he was the nutter when actually he was kneeling on the nutter's back.

*Actually he was black and his sexuality is irrelevant regarding what occurred, but I'm sure you take my point.

And straight people aren't allowed to get married anymore or have kids, or be white, or be male, or get jobs, or avoid being racially profiled by vegan supremacists!  All because of comic creators.

Etc.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 November, 2018, 09:22:25 PMhe had decided Rogue had actually turned into Venus Bluegenes at some point
Given the (problematic) in-universe reason for Venus and her ilk originally existing, you'd think people like that bloke would actually be gung-ho for her. But the notion Rogue Trooper turned into Venus is... I don't even.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 November, 2018, 09:27:24 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 12 November, 2018, 09:22:25 PMhe had decided Rogue had actually turned into Venus Bluegenes at some point
Given the (problematic) in-universe reason for Venus and her ilk originally existing, you'd think people like that bloke would actually be gung-ho for her. But the notion Rogue Trooper turned into Venus is... I don't even.

I can't even remember why Venus was made (except for that Cliff Robinson / Alan fecking Craddock one-off in the Friday Rogue Trooper special that came out in the 90s, but I doubt that's canon).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Smith

Its not just 2000ad related.He reviews a Vox Day comic and explains its about Europe and fighting islamists,only for several people in the comments to point out its set in US and bad guys are MS13.
Not a careful reader,I guess.

Professor Bear

When we start discussing the Brexit deal, do we all have to pretend to be outraged like we didn't know this was coming months - if not years - ago?
Anyway, the deal is clearly bad, but opposing it is also bad, and asking not to go through with it is also bad.  Asking if we needed to do this at all is especially bad.
The people who support it are wrong, as are the people who don't.  No deal is worse than a bad deal, because no deal means having to make a deal later that might not be as bad, so we have to make a bad deal now which is bad, but not having a bad deal is also bad, because if there's no bad deal, the next government might not negotiate a deal that's bad enough.  The next government will be arriving in February.

Jim_Campbell

—PLACEHOLDER TORY BREXIT RESIGNATION POST—
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Can none of these grexnixes stick around to do a day's work?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 November, 2018, 01:14:01 PM
Can none of these grexnixes stick around to do a day's work?

I started to draft a reply to this post, but by the time I'd finished drafting it, I realised that I could not, in all conscience, support my own reply and have tendered my resignation forthwith.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Professor Bear

Started making a Venn to illustrate the current sitch and got as far as adding the word "fucked " to the middle of a circle and realised I was done.

Dandontdare

Another example of Great Britain losing it's place as a global leader - we used to top the world when it came to "comically unqualified government ministers" - who could forget the Brexit negotiator who didn't realise that the Dover Calais route was quite important, or the NI secretary who didn't know that people vote along Sectarian lines - but the Japanese have topped us with a minister for Cybersecurity who has never used a computer IN HIS LIFE and does not know what a USB is.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/15/japan-cyber-security-ministernever-used-computer-yoshitaka-sakurada