Main Menu

APRIL ART COMP - RESULTS THREAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 May, 2017, 12:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

This month I'm reintroducing...

THE MOST HONORABLE MENTIONS POSITION FOR MOST HONOURABLE MENTIONS - DAMIAN EDWARDSON

THIRD PLACE - DARREN STEPHENS

SECOND PLACE - LEIGH S

FIRST PLACE - MARK HIGGINS

THARG'S CHOICE goes to RAGGEDMAN

This month marks the last DROID'S CHOICE as I've been flogged by The Mighty One for keeping them distracted from their drawing boards by the stunning artwork of the fans waiting in the wings - I have gone behind his back though to tug the ear of the mighty DAVE KENDALL to provide our final commentary, which should pop up ANY MOMENT NOW.

NEW THEME ARRIVING IMMINENTLY

The Legendary Shark

Well done - another magnificent crop!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Darren Stephens

Aye, another fantastic competition this month. Congratulations to Mark and Leigh, very well deserved! In fact, well done to all who entered, many thanks to those kind folks who voted (especially those who voted for mine!) and huuuge thanks as ever to Owen! 😉
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Andy Lambert

Hearty congratulations to the top three, Tharg's choice and the most honourably mentioned - well deserved! Well done to all who entered and as always, massive thanks to CFM for his hosting duties.
Shame about losing the Droid's choice, but I can appreciate the reason why.

CrazyFoxMachine

...and here be your final Droid's Choice from Dave Kendall!

QuoteA great bunch of images.

The ones that stand out for me? I'll keep to the three choices everyone else has.
However i won't order them.

In terms of finish and render Mark Higgins has excelled. Excellent standard of lighting, color and modelling. Great stuff.

I love the dynamic of James London's Axe. Sums up Slaines power and aggression. I could see this fresh style drawing younger readers into Slaine.  I think they would lap it up. You'd obviously have to have the usual compliment of severed heads, demons and warp spasms. 🙂

My final choice would be James Newell- Hack Mills

Lovely energetic drawing and I could imagine Ukko and Ro-Jaws probably having a bone to pick with Pat,considering what he's put them through.

Honourable mentions. Alan Byrom. A nicely composed tribute to so many of Slaine's Adversaries.

Damian Edwardson. A real in your face image. Brings to mind Glenn Fabry's legendary and epic, extreme close ups.

Darren Stephens Warp Spasm. Great use of colour and composition. Massimo's Warp Spasm was definitive.
:D

Tulio_Vilela

Congratulations for all the winners! Thank you too much for all who voted for mine! Cheers!

Adrian Bamforth

Some great entrys there and a worthy winner. I struggled to find an angle so voting was already underway when I came up with this idea. I pretty much hated trying to use Fabry's impossibly good pages as reference for the characters.

RaggedMan

I am not worthy yet I trust in the munificence of the Mighty One.

Congrats to the top 3. Another great month.

And I love the Bride of Crom! Shame inspiration struck too late, great image though

Bad City Blue

Nice work all, a worthy winner as well.

Voting is now open on the latest short story comp, some brilliant entries, too.

https://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=44415.0
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

james newell

Well done Mark well deserved!, thanks Dave for your comments, rocking prog cover this week!