Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 18 September, 2010, 12:35:42 PM
At least this way they won't be crumpled, torn or sodden.

F'ing part-time posties!

The Legendary Shark

You can still get that authentic crumpled, torn and sodden look if you employ the services of your local newsagents' youthful Delivery Division.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Just to steer the thread back to politics again, I would like to respond to the pope;s recent comments comparing atheism to Nazism by saying it was a little bit rich for a former Hitler Youth member - though it's not a fair argument.

However, i will quote Hitler himself here: "The National Government regards the two Christian confessions (i.e. Catholicism and Protestantism) as factors essential to the soul of the German people. ... We hold the spiritual forces of Christianity to be indispensable elements in the moral uplift of most of the German people."

Also it was the Catholic Church, not any atheist group, that had to apologise for their collusion with the Nazi party in WW2.

Lastly, seeing as the pope has compared me and some of my best friends to Nazis, I think politeness is out the window:  The sooner people see through this small-minded , bigoted old man and look at the real world, the better things will be for all of us.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Peter Wolf

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 September, 2010, 06:58:22 PM
  The sooner people see through this small-minded , bigoted old man and look at the real world, the better things will be for all of us.

The Catholic church is a totally corrupt organisation like just like everything else and this is the organisation that silences the victims of child abuse and which protects the perpetrators of it within the Catholic church which also has a slush fund in which to pay off the victims of child abuse.There are lots of other issues as well but the child abuse issue is the main focus on the Catholic church.

So Ratzinger is in no position to lecture anyone about morality.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

Govt to seize all paychecks :

Govt Idiocy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcgJnL6s2JY

It is only a proposal/consultation paper but its laughable because it is the Inland Revenue that are mainly responsible for the taxation fiasco so their solution for you to give them all of your pay only for it to be returned less tax deductions is just stupid unless they wish to deduct arbitary sums of cash as and when they feel like it.

Why is it necessary to give them cash only for it to be returned again ?

Idiocy and i just dont see it that employers are responsible for the mess within the tax system but of course the govt will shift the blame to compensate for its own inadequacies when what it is really about is Collectivism with the immovable edifice of govt at the centre of it which reinforces the message that you work for them.

Govt is God - Govt is God - Govt is God......

They just dont like not having complete control of your pay so this is their solution and they particularly dont like it that people were not paying incorrect tax bills.They hate that so instead we have this proposal of moving money about backwards and forwards which is going to cause all kinds of problems and anyway it will still be the Inland Revenue that will be handling it all as they do already except now there will be 30 million BACS payments every week all handled by the Inland Revenue so what could possibly go wrong* ??

::) :lol: :lol:

*The Inland Revenue still run Windows 3.1 apparently  :lol:

As usual the PAYE taxpayers are forced onto the front line.

Central Planning you cant trust particularly as they couldnt organise a cup of Coffee.

They just love to get their hands on your money as there are the useless scrounging parasites who own the banking system want their cut of your earnings as well dont forget.This proposal also sends out the message that no one else can be trusted except Govt when in actual fact the reverse is true and its a bit like being treated like children by the All-seeing-All-knowing Nanny State who will look after your money.

All your money is collected into a Holding/Escrow account and its another way for them to have control over your money and if the system crashes which it WILL then those without any savings to fall back on will be Fucked and this in turn will start a cascade of missed payments which in turn will create more chaos.

So what will this solve n the face of it ?

Nothing but no doubt part of this workload will be farmed out to the private sector who will then leave all your bank details lying around here and there.

This is going to cost but the object of the exercise isnt to save money as its all about control.

The Govt are wary of a Tax revolt so they are not taking chances and this also gives the Govt another opportunity to do what it likes.

Still i have a clear conscience as i didnt vote for these Maggots.

johnnystress

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 September, 2010, 06:58:22 PM
The sooner people see through this small-minded , bigoted old man and look at the real world, the better things will be for all of us.

http://countmeout.ie/

JOE SOAP

Quote from: johnnystress on 21 September, 2010, 08:56:15 PM

http://countmeout.ie/

All ready done that, had the chat with the Assistant Chancellor (sounds like the Empire doesn't it) at the Chacellery in Drumcondra. It may not mean much -if you're not a believer or practitioner anyway- but it's better to do it in as much that it means the numbers on their books get reduced and they get a more relative count of how many they can actually consider to be believers living in Ireland rather than most people staying on file as unacknowledged nonbelievers and continue to make up the Church's claimed numbers by remaining on the baptismal register.

johnnystress

pretty much my reasoning..have to hunt down the address of the diocese i was baptized in

On that site there is a link to an interview with one of the founders of the count me out campaign and John Waters....Lord, how I hate that prick

JOE SOAP

Roger Godpleton

He didn't force Divine to put shit in her mouth you guys...
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

JayzusB.Christ

Quoteit means the numbers on their books get reduced and they get a more relative count of how many they can actually consider to be believers living in Ireland rather than most people staying on file as unacknowledged nonbelievers and continue to make up the Church's claimed numbers by remaining on the baptismal register.

Good point, that. Wonder how much of a Catholic country Ireland would be if all the disgruntled non-believers were taken off the file?  I know very few people of my age group who give a shit about Catholicism, and even fewer who go to mass outside of weddings and funerals.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

Quote from: Garageman on 21 September, 2010, 10:22:58 PM
Quote from: johnnystress on 21 September, 2010, 09:38:12 PM
John Waters....Lord, how I hate that prick

agreed.

I've just looked him up and based on his wiki entry ("In his articles titled "Impose democracy on Iraq" and "Bush and Blair doing right thing"...) I think I agree.

The funny thing is that until today, I always thought that the guy who married Sinead O'Connor (and who she wrote that horrible song about) was John Peel's old producer John Walters! D'OH!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 September, 2010, 11:39:01 PM
Quote from: Garageman on 21 September, 2010, 10:22:58 PM
Quote from: johnnystress on 21 September, 2010, 09:38:12 PM
John Waters....Lord, how I hate that prick

agreed.

I've just looked him up and based on his wiki entry ("In his articles titled "Impose democracy on Iraq"

Isnt that an oxymoron ?

"Impose Democracy"

It implies the use of force and coercion.

There are plenty of other examples of this kind of reverse/doublespeak.

JOE SOAP

Isn't imposing anything on anybody tyranny...much like what Catholicism did to Ireland? Sounds like old hairy/baldy Waters has a taste for the Lash and the Big Stick. He comes from the "it's all right as long as we're doin it" camp. Prick.