Main Menu

THAT WEREWOLF FORUM GAME!

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 06 July, 2013, 08:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactus

I believe ThryllSeekyr is sharing the transcripts of a role-playing game played via a forum similar to this one. There's a link to it in the very first post.

I never really liked the World of Darkness RPG games, and trying to comprehend the setting without an introduction is... challenging.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: sauchie on 11 July, 2013, 07:06:42 PM

To celebrate the end of our exams, one of the party animal kids at my school invited a few folk over to his house, explaining that his parents were away for the night. When we got there he produced a game manual and some hexagonal dice, and that night became the first time I'd played D&D, the first time I had a puff of a joint, and the first time I'd ever had to phone home pished and explain to my folks I'd be sleeping at someone else' place while trying not to sound pished.

When I got home the next morning my visibly distraught Mum said she'd been up all night, that she wanted me to think about the kind of company I was keeping, and not to get led into doing the kind of thing I might regret or which could affect my chances in life. I vowed there and then never to play a role playing game ever again.

Been hooked on DUNGEONS & DRAGONS since year ten (1986!) at school when I used to play it every lunch hour (Generic DUNGEONS & DRAGONS1ST Edition!)and years eleven and twelve when I played with a different group every Thursday (I think!) after school (A Different Genre of DUNGEONS & DRAGONS 1ST Edition, but still Generic!) and when I left school, I continued to play it with that same group of friends whenever we could. (DRAGONLANCE, 2nd EditionTEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES & OTHER STRANGNESS, ROLE-MASTER and we almost played SHADOW-RUN & got as far as character creation!) In the early 90's. We all moved into a house together, renting it and we continued to play. (Generic FORGOTTEN REALMS, AL-QADIM also set in the FORGOTTEN REALMS, RAVENLOFT which was cross Genre![/b]All 2ND Edition!) Mainly on weekends when we were all together and then we discovered the game VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE, which we played once. By that stage I had already discovered WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE 2ND Edition ( This game I'm talking about here!) which I had begun to buy nearly every book for.

In the mean time we all separated and I moved back in with my parents. This was by late 1994-5. Since then I haven't played DUNGEONS & DRAGONS  with that particular group of friends ever again! By 1996, I did join a Role Playing Game Club called THE HIIT POINT and continued to play Role Playing Games in general including my old favourite DUNGEONS & DRAGONS (DARK SUN, SPELL-JAMMER 2ND Edition, PALLADIUM RIFTS, DIMENSIA and more Generic DUNGEONS & DRAGONS 2ND Edition!) Then that club closed down in the late 90's. I kept on buying the books for WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE 3RD Edition(Revised!)  and DUNGEONS & DRAGONS 3RD Edition (D20)until year 2000. I also brought all of the D20 SLAINE RPG books! Every one of them! Had to get those. Though I never played those games and still haven't! (Except three one off games on three separate occasions!) Until now with this forum game SENECA RISES and I'm hooked on this one as well!

Regarding WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE I had over the course of2011, continued buying the rest of the books for this both 1ST, 2ND, 3RD (Revised!) Editions, on EBAY and stopped in 2012 when I had then the entire collection of WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE! Now they had a KICK-STARTER for the 20th ANNIVERSARY DELUXE LEATHER BOUND & HEAVY METAL EDITION late last year which was totally oblivious to and missed out on getting a pledge in. It was only when I brought the entire collection of WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE (A lot of money spent!)this time from DRIVE THRU RPG.COM that I found out about the 20th Anniversary Deluxe Books and settled for purchasing the PREMIUM COLOUR PRINT ON DEMAND EDITION and have uploaded a video display of it  HERE and HERE!. Two weeks ago, I have managed to pledge a very large amount combined on two limited reward tiers for this spinoff KICK-STARTER WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE, 20th ANNIVERSARY: CHANGING BREEDS DELUXE LEATHER BOUND, EMBOSSED METALLIC EDGED BOOK Which is about the other Animal breeds of Were-Creatures called FERA! They still have thirteen days to go before it closes.

If your really interested in playing forum game SENECA RISES . You can either purchase the Core Rule books here. WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE REVISED and the players Guide here  PLAYERS GUIDE TO THE GAROU. They're both reasonably priced for being thirteen year old books or I could perhaps just send you the PDF's for free. Though I don't know what would happen if DRIVE THRU RPG.COM found out I would be giving away copies of their PDF's for free.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Mister Pops on 11 July, 2013, 08:08:20 PM
Ok, before I trawl through all these tl;dr posts, I have one question.

What do I win?

QuoteI could perhaps just send you the PDF's for free. Though I don't know what would happen if DRIVE THRU RPG.COM found out I would be giving away copies of their PDF's for free.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 11 July, 2013, 10:22:56 PM
Absolutely couldn't make 'head nor tail' of this post.......BUT.......
some astonishingly good pieces of artwork included in it...... :D

As for the words...............sorry...........gobbledegook to me !!!
Cheers..

The art is half of what got me into this game apart from the game itself!

Here are a example of three famous WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE artists here...

STEVE PRESCOTT did this piece of art if you can recognise them from other pieces in my earlier posts on this thread....

Did a lot of art for DUNGEONS & DRAGONS 3rd Edition (D20) as well as new art work. The full colour splat pages for each Garou(Werewolf!) Tribe, Lost Tribes, and the other Fera in the newly released WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE 20TH ANNIVERSRY Edition Core Rule Book. 

RON SPENCER did this piece of art if you can recognise them from other pieces in my earlier posts on this thread....

He's done lot of artwork for the MAGIC THE GATHERING Collectable Card Game! He's also been doing artwork for WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE since the 2nd Edition rules, maybe even the 1st Edition rules were printed and has done the full colour pages for the Garou (Werewolf!)tribes in the newly released WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE 20TH ANNIVERSRY Edition Core Rule Book.

RICHARD KANE FERGUSON did this piece of art if you can recognise them from other pieces in my earlier posts on this thread....

He's done lot of artwork for the MAGIC THE GATHERING Collectable Card Game! He has so being doing artwork for WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE since the 2nd Edition rules, maybe even the 1st Edition rules were printed and has also provided full colour artwork in the newly released WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE 20TH ANNIVERSRY Edition Core Rule Book.

I've have wondered what might have been if they were 2000AD artists doing art for Slaineand the likes of Mike McMahon, Glenn Fabry, Simon Bisley, Greg Staples, Dermot Power had actually done artwork for WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE!

I forgot to mention earlier, I also purchased WEREWOLF THE FORSAKEN core rule book and the players guide for the NEW WORLD OF DARKNESS! Though, these new Werewolf rules didn't seem to be as awesome as the original.

Anyway, It just so happens that former SLAINE artist, CLINT LANELY contributed lot of his artwork for these game books. This example below is the only piece I can find that I recall seeing in the WEREWOLF THE FORSAKEN core rule book.

So there you go!

As for the "Gobbledegook" words! Are you referring to the unusual Garou (Werewwolf!) terminolodgy or my own unusul syntax?

Perhaps a bit of both.

Though, I did try to explain it all.

So, here's a official WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE  Lexicon I have copied and pasted here for your perusal!

Garou Lexicon

------------------------------

Common Parlace

The most common form of Garou language, used by all manner of generations and ages.

A

Adren – A rank three Garou. A well respected and well known werewolf.

Ahroun – One of the Auspice's of the Garou. Ahroun is the Warrior, born under the Full Moon.

Airts – The magical paths within the spirit world. Examples are Spirit Tracks and Moon Paths.

Anchorhead – A spirit gate between the Near and Deep Umbra. See "Membrane".

Apocalypse – The age of destruction, the final cycle, the birth of death, the everlasting corruption, the end of Gaia - a word used in Garou mythology to describe the time of the final battle with the Wyrm. Many consider this time to be the present, especially because of men nesting upon the moon.

Athro – A rank four Garou. A highly honored and often heeded werewolf, whose tales are commonly known.

Auspice – The phase of the moon under which a particular Garou was born; commonly thought to determine personality and tendencies. See "Ragabash", "Theurge", "Philodox", "Galliard" and "Ahroun".

B

Bane – Evil spirits that follow the Wyrm. There are many different kinds of Banes.

Bawn – A boundary area around a Caern, where mortals are closely watched. Patrolled and protected by Garou of the Sept affiliated to that Caern.

Blight – Any corrupted area, in either the spirit world or physical reality.

Breed – The ancestry of a Garou, be it wolf, human or other Garou.

C

Caern – A sacred place; a meeting spot where Garou can contact the spirit world.

Celestine – The greatest spirits; the closest things the Garou have to Gods. Examples include, Luna (The Moon) and Helios (The Sun).

Charach – A Garou who sleeps with another Garou or who has done so in the past. Often used as a word of anger.

Chiminage – Traditionally, a Sept can make a request of any Garou who uses its Caern; "chiminage" is the term used for this request. Also used to refer to the price spirits ask Garou in exchange for their services.

Cliath – A rank one Garou. A werewolf who has passed their rite of passage, but has yet to accomplish much of note.

Concolation – A great Moot, wherein many Tribes gather to discuss matters that concern the entire nation of Garou.

Corruption – The act of destroying, devolving or debasing life; also, the oftenoverwhelming effects of the Wyrm's actions. In the present age it often specifically refers to the ecological effects of the humans wreak upon the environment.

Crinos – The half-wolf, half-man war form of the Garou.

Curse, The – The Garou word for the subconscious fear and uneasiness that humans have around them.

D

Deep Umbra – The aspects of the Umbra that lie outside the Membrane. Reality becomes more and more fragmentary the further one travels from The Realm.

Delirium – The madness suffered by Humans who look upon a Garou in Crinos form.

Domain – A mini-realm in the Umbra, usually connected to a larger Realm in the Deep Umbra.

E

Elder – A fifth rank Garou. A werewolf whose power and wisdom are almost legendary to their fellows. With a small 'e', can be used to refer to any Garou who outranks the speaker.

F

Feral – Slang term for a Garou of Lupus ancestry.

Fetish – An item of great spiritual significance. Fetish's have many uses and always have a spirit bound into them.

Fomor (plural Fomori) – Humans who have turned to the Wyrm and draw their power from it. Rarely, this term can apply to Wolves and very rarely to Coyotes. The Fomori are servants of the Wyrm and enernies of the Garou.

Fostern – A second rank Garou. A werewolf who has proven themselves, and is considered trustworthy.

G

Gaffling – A simple spirit servant of a Jaggling, Incarna or Celestine. Gafflings are rarely sentient.

Gaia – The Earth and related Realms, in both a phsical and spiritual sense; the Mother Goddess.

Galliard – One of the Auspice's of the Garou. Galliard is the Moon Dancer, born under the Gibbous Moon.

Garou – The term Werewolves use for themselves.

Gauntlet, The – The barrier between the physical world of Earth and the spirit world of the Umbra. It is strongest around technological (Weaver) places and weakest around Caerns.

Glabro – The near-man form of the Garou.

H

Harano – Inexplicable gloom, inexpressible longing for unnameable things, weeping for that which is not yet lost. Some say it is depression caused by contemplation of Gaia's suffering.

Hispo – The near-wolf form of the Garou.

Homid – A Garou of human ancestry. Occassionally used disdainfully by Ferals (eg, "You fight like a Homid").

I

-ikthya – "Of the Wyrm"; a suffix appended to a name. Considered an honorific by the Black Spiral Dancers-to all others, it's a truly dire accusation.

Impergium, The – The 3,000 years immediatly following the birth of agriculture, duing which strict population quotas were maintained, by the Garou, on all human setements.

Incarna Avatar – A type of lesser Incarna, a Jaggling equivalent, affiliated to a Pack of Garou and representing that Pack's links to a totem spirit, of which the Incarna Avatar is itself representative.

Incarna – A class of spirits; weaker than Celestines, but still greater spirits by any measure.

J

Jaggling – A spirit servant of an Incarna or Celestine.

K

Kinfolk – The non-shapeshifting relatives of the Garou, who are immune to the Delirium and fare much better against the Curse than normal mortals do.

Klaive/Grand Klaive – A Fetish dagger or sword, usually of great spiritual potency and nearly always made of silver.

L

Language, The – The language of the Garou which relies as much upon body language and tone as upon actual words.

Litany, The – The code of laws kept by the Garou. Part of the Concord.

Lost Cubs, The – Those who are Werewolves but who for some reason have never been collected by their tribes and instructed in the ways of the Garou. These individuals are often driven insane by the unexpressed Garou side of their nature, or they suffer from and die from severe depression.

Lupus – A Garou of wolf origin and ancestry.

M

Membrane, The – The barrier between the Near and Deep Umbra's. To breach it, and Anchorhead must be found. Alternatively, the Garou can travel through the Dream Zone.

Metis – The sterile and deformed offspring of two Garou. Generally reviled by Garou society.

Moon Bridge – A gate between two Caerns; it most often appears during Moots.

Moon-Calf – Idiot, simpleton.

Moot – A Sept or Tribal conclave that takes place at a Caern.

Mule – Slang for Metis Garou. Often used disdainfully, but one of the lesser insults used for Metis Garou.

N

Near Umbra, The – The spirit world surrounding the Gaia Realm.

P

Pack – A small group of Garou bound to each other by ties of friendship and mission as opposed to culture. Usually they are in the service of a Totem spirit.

Penumbra – "Earth's Shadow''; the spirit world direct surrounding the physical world; many, but not all, terrain features will be the same.

Philodox – One of the Auspice's of the Garou. Philodox is the Judge, born under the Half Moon.

Protectorate – The territory claimed and patrolled by a Pack or Sept.

R

Ragabash – One of the Auspice's of the Garou. Ragabash is the Trickster, born under the New Moon.

Reaching – Travelling into the spirit world. Crossing the Gauntlet into the Umbra.

Realms – The worlds of "solid" reality within the Tellurian. Earth is often reterred to as The Realm or the Gaia Realm.

Revel – Performed at the conclusion of Moots, the revel is the shifting of all participating Garou into Crinos, to participate in a ritual hunt of everything in the Protectorate which might threaten the Caern.

-rhya – "Greater in station"; a suffix appended to a name.

Ritemaster – A Garou at a caern or in a pack who leads the rituals. The ritemaster of a caern often is also responsible for making certain that the spirits are not upset by any member of the caern, and is allowed to approve or deny rites taking place on the Bawn.

Ronin – A Garou who has chosen or been forced to leave Garou society. It is a harsh fate to become a "Lone Wolf,'.

S

Sept – The group of Garou who live near and tend an individual Caern.

Stepping Sideways – See Reaching.

T

Talens – Minor fetish's, which often can only be used once or a very limited number of times.

Tellurian, The – The whole of reality.

Theurge – One of the Auspices of the Garou. Theurge is the Seer, born under the Crescent Moon.

Totem – A spirit joined to a Pack or Tribe and representative of its inner nature. A Tribal Totem is an Incarna, while a Pack Totem is an Incarna Avatar.

Triat, The – The Weaver, the Wyld and the Wyrm. The trinity of primal cosmic forces.

Tribe – The larger community of Garou. Tribe members are often bound by similar totems and lifestyles.

U

Umbra, The – The spirit world.

Urrah – Garou who live in the city; also, the tainted ones.

V

Veil, The – Part of the Delirium. An effect which induces madness in humans, rather than force them to accept visual evidence of the existance of Werewolves.

W

Ways, The – The traditions and abilities of the Garou. The way of Stepping Sideways, the way of fiery Rage, the way of changng shapes, the wisdom ways and the way of Gaia.

Weaver, The – Manifestation and symbol of order and pattern. Computers, science, logic and mathematics are examples of the Weaver's influence on the material plane.

Wyld, The – Manifestation and symbol of pure change. The chaos of transmutation and elemental force.

Wyrm, The – Manifestation and symbol of evil, entropy and decay in Garou belief. Vampires are often manifestations of the Wyrm, as are toxic waste and pollution.

Wyrmhole – A place that has been spiritually defiled by the Wyrm invariably a location of great corruption.

Y

-yuf – "Honoured equal"; a suffix appended to a name

So, thats it. Not that I beleive it's explained any better here!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Cactus on 11 July, 2013, 11:50:03 PM
I believe ThryllSeekyr is sharing the transcripts of a role-playing game played via a forum similar to this one. There's a link to it in the very first post.

I never really liked the World of Darkness RPG games, and trying to comprehend the setting without an introduction is... challenging.

You are correct,  and thanks for the clarification, but I was hoping I made that obvious to all posters reading my thread here!

What you said about needing a introduction. I also had hoped my own introduction here would suffice.

Anyway, it took me  while to understand it all, I still don't know it all yet :-\

Sideshow Bob

Thanks for that Thryllseekr,
I'm not 'into' role playing games, but can understand their attraction.....

As for the artwork, I'm really impressed with it, and would definitely buy a piece to add to my collection as I think some of it is truly wonderful.......The Ron Spencer piece and the Clint Langley piece in particular are really excellent work.... :D
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Mardroid

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 11 July, 2013, 10:22:56 PM
Absolutely couldn't make 'head nor tail' of this post.......BUT.......
some astonishingly good pieces of artwork included in it...... :D

As for the words...............sorry...........gobbledegook to me !!!
Cheers..

Yes. It was worth posting for the fantastic artwork alone.

ThryllSeekyr

I've just been I.P. Banned from this game.

I will elaborate on this later.

Frank

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 29 October, 2013, 07:46:04 PM
I've just been I.P. Banned from this game. I will elaborate on this later.

This one's bound to be a classic. My breath is duly bated, ThryllSeekyr.

ThryllSeekyr

Why did I get I.P. banned from this game?

I thought everybody was ganging up on my character and making me feel otherwise uncomfortable.

So, I attempted to reregister my account on their website under another name and make up another Garou character who would enter the game and offer some support to my original character without drawing attention to the fact that they both belong to me.

If this worked, I would have tried bringing in other Silver-Fang-Garou to offer even more assistance to my original character and perhaps turn the tables or just make them feel the same way I did.

Yet, the Mods realised the new character...another [b[]Fianna-Ahroun[/b], might have been the illegal property of one of us and had suspected it might have been me after they noticed the I.P.-Address of the new player was the same and that I was basically had word-pattern that seemed very familiar to them as well. Despite my efforts to disguise this.

After they had informed me of this...I felt there was no other way, but to own up and after week of waiting beyond this. They wrote back to me that I would be permanently banned from the game and their website for this offence.

Personally, I think really need to be cheated this way...perhaps there were other players already doing this themselves and I was the only one to get caught and banned for it.

Since then, I had found out I could hide my I.P. Address by accessing their website through a Proxy-Address, but they had safe-guards against this method as well when I tried it about a month later.

Anyway, It's been nearly over a year since I played this.

Perhaps there will be other forums games like this one and I will be more prepared this time for their own brand of cheating.

Fungus