Main Menu

Tales of Telguuth submissions?

Started by The Amstor Computer, 19 May, 2002, 04:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

I'm guessing submissions for Future Shocks & Terror Tales are still being accepted, but what about Tales of Telguuth?
The series has a brilliant setup that's put to very poor use by Steve Moore. As the strip isn't creator-owned, would the Tooth editorial team be prepared to accept submissions from other writers, as with FS & TT stories?

It seems a great shame to see the only real outlet for short fantasy in 2000AD ruined by phoned-in scripts.

O Lucky Stevie!

i pray that's not an intentional slur upon the curse'd earth there, blackblood.

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Art

You know, theres nothing to stop you submitting a fantasy themed terror tale, justwith out the Telguuth setting.

I understand Warhammer publish short twist in-the-tale fantasy peices too.

Jayzus B. Christ

I've one for Tales of Telguuth. Ramathor the Necromancer, right, is about to smite the thief Grinthal into the netherworlds of Ka'an, okay, when a big feck-off nuclear bomb lands on them, destroying not only the two lads but the whole Telguuth and the galactic bleeding hub as well, and they all never show their sorry faces in 2000AD again.

The Amstor Computer

>>>i pray that's not an intentional slur upon the curse'd earth there, blackblood<<<

???

>>>You know, theres nothing to stop you submitting a fantasy themed terror tale, justwith out the Telguuth setting<<<

Good point - it just seems a shame that ToT is left to one writer, when an injection of fresh stories from other 2000AD droids might make it interesting again.

Tiplodocus

>It seems a great shame to see the only real outlet for short fantasy in 2000AD ruined by phoned-in scripts.

Phoned in scripts? I didn't know you could do that.  I've got a great idea for one it starts with a bloke yelling "I'M ON THE TRAIN" and it ends with everything dissolving into blackness with the words "I'M IN A TUNNEL...."
Be excellent to each other. And party on!