Main Menu

Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?

Started by sheldipez, 18 December, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Cthulouis on 13 January, 2013, 12:32:56 AM
Seeing as it looks unlikely Red Seas is ever going to get collected in a tpb, could we have a few floppies worth of that?
And the last two Caballistics series please.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Dodsy

Am I the only one who would like to see Witch World reprinted? That started shortly after I started collecting 2000AD so it's one thats always stuck with me. Unfortunatly it ended on a mini cliffhanger that never got resolved  :(
Twitter - @dodsy84

Skullmo

Quote from: dodsy on 16 January, 2013, 12:45:08 PM
Am I the only one who would like to see Witch World reprinted? That started shortly after I started collecting 2000AD so it's one thats always stuck with me. Unfortunatly it ended on a mini cliffhanger that never got resolved  :(

They could get Gordon Rennie to write the ending as a text story :D
It's a joke. I was joking.

staticgirl

I didn't know that EE edition existed. Annoyingly, the button for BUY THIS won't work.

staticgirl

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: staticgirl on 18 January, 2013, 04:29:27 PM
Oh Hang on it's working now....
....saldy you must have bought 50 issues worth! :lol:
I must get some of those EE at some point.

The Prodigal

Quote from: Cthulouis on 13 January, 2013, 12:32:56 AM
Seeing as it looks unlikely Red Seas is ever going to get collected in a tpb, could we have a few floppies worth of that?

Oooohh yes.

Little_Tengu

Quote from: Dandontdare on 19 December, 2012, 08:41:33 PM
Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 19 December, 2012, 06:07:49 PM
Quote from: oshii on 19 December, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

I'd prefer to have the option of buying a floppyless Meg (even at the same price)

Well, no disrespect intended, but you can already do that by simply binning the floppy. You don't have to keep them.

but without the "graphic novel" it's a very expensive magazine. The only justification for the regular price hikes is all the free reprint material.

The Megazine by itself is how much exactly? 9-10 Dollars U.S and 5-6 Pounds sterling? I have a hard enough time justifying comics are the current price of $4.00, let alone one that costs five bucks more

sheldipez

Quote from: Little_Tengu on 09 February, 2013, 10:13:51 AM

I'd prefer to have the option of buying a floppyless Meg (even at the same price)

Well, no disrespect intended, but you can already do that by simply binning the floppy. You don't have to keep them.

but without the "graphic novel" it's a very expensive magazine. The only justification for the regular price hikes is all the free reprint material.

The Megazine by itself is how much exactly? 9-10 Dollars U.S and 5-6 Pounds sterling? I have a hard enough time justifying comics are the current price of $4.00, let alone one that costs five bucks more

To be fair US comics are way over priced at $4.00, they're full of adverts during the comic itself and if it's a Marvel release the paper quality is awful (the pages of the latest Superior Spider-Man was actually curling over in my hands because the pages are so bloody thin).

Little_Tengu

Quote from: sheldipez on 09 February, 2013, 11:09:54 AM
Quote from: Little_Tengu on 09 February, 2013, 10:13:51 AM

To be fair US comics are way over priced at $4.00, they're full of adverts during the comic itself and if it's a Marvel release the paper quality is awful (the pages of the latest Superior Spider-Man was actually curling over in my hands because the pages are so bloody thin).

It's been well over a decade since I've been into comics and I'm so used to typical newspaper stock that the newer paper is rather disorienting

mogzilla

i like the floppies they do vary in quality though the first few we got was a jock dredd one ,bad manners etc and i enjoyed those and i think they should continue to release the one off dredds as them as its unlikey theyll get a trade , death planet was good i missed it the first time round as i did disater 1990 but that one can stay sunk for me...

weve nagged pleaded and promised roger's mom to tharg for return to armageddon but he aint listening and i would champion the metro dredds to be bundled... you cant please all of the people etc... but at least he's giving us something to get our teeth into.

judda fett

I'd second a Metro Dredd collection for the floppies but I would really love a complete Daily Star Dredd phonebook.

Little_Tengu

Quote from: judda fett on 09 February, 2013, 05:24:03 PM
I'd second a Metro Dredd collection for the floppies but I would really love a complete Daily Star Dredd phonebook.

Now, see, I'd buy a Meg just for that. Those collected editions of the Daily Star strips are fairly hard to come by these days

Mardroid

As a relative newbie to 2000 AD (relative in that I've only bee reading it a few years, rather than most of my life like many of you) I welcome the presence of the floppies. A mixed bunch in terms of like/dislike but that's normal anyway for stories.

I particularly liked Downlode Tales from a couple of months back. Recognizable Sinister/Dexter world (although if there was doubt, the title of the strip and the lads actually turning up in a couple of strips was a big giveaway) but the noirish tone was very different and welcome. (I like the tone of Sinister/Dexter too, I just like variety.) I hope they did more that will be collected.

The Savage 'Disaster 1999' one... not so much. It was readable and entertaining in places but wasn't really my cup of tea. I am curious as to Savage's character though. He seems rather different to the version from Savage. Obviously he's been through a lot since then, (death of his wife being the main one.) so this could be put down to character development, but I'm curious if the different authors had a role here. Was the version from Invasion! closer to the current Savage strip?