Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

IndigoPrime

It should be a sheet of paper, folded in half, with the word "sorry" written on it. But we've already heard we're getting garbage like Inferno in amongst otherwise largely good stuff, so Miller's in the mix regardless.

Apestrife

While I'm in no way a fan of Inferno, least the art is really good. Ezquerra really shined in it.

One story I really hope the mega collection skips is The satanist. I much much much rather read Brothers of the Blood and Total War (that totally should have BotB as a back up story) to get an idea how Vienna felt early on.

Also everything Chopper after Song of the surfer.

Skullmo

Yeah, Ezquerra's painted art in the 1990s was brilliant, it is a shame the stories were not classics.

If Inferno is combined with Purgatory that would be good!
It's a joke. I was joking.

robert_ellis

Inferno & Purgatory are confirmed - I assume together.

shaolin_monkey

Can I make a suggestion for a future issue please?

With thanks to Barry Renshaw for the art:

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

shaolin_monkey

Have you been reading Dredd's comportment again?!

Here's a better pic with a credit for Barry and Annie's name proofread!

robert_ellis

Can anyone guess what's in the first Devlin Waugh book? Will they skip anything to get to the 200 pages?

Zenith 666

Waugh Collection includes Swimming in blood,brief encounter,Red Tide and bite fight.

robert_ellis

Does that miss out "fetish" then where Siku gives Dredd a crazy chin?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: robert_ellis on 08 May, 2015, 04:28:37 PM
Does that miss out "fetish" then where Siku gives Dredd a crazy chin?

Chronologically speaking, it misses out Chasing Herod, Reign of Frogs, Sirius Rising, and Mouthful of Dust!
@jamesfeistdraws

robert_ellis

Are they missing out these to favour painted art - or just to print the best material?

Dark Jimbo

Bit of both, maybe? The stories they've chosen are all fully painted, so that's possibly the key, and having Red Tide and Swimming in Blood in the same book makes a certain kind of sense.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex