Main Menu

Will we see the 2000AD logo on the pre-credits??

Started by DKCX, 23 December, 2011, 01:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKCX

Just more of a curious question.
I don't recall seeing the logo in the pre-credits for 'that other Dredd movie'.
We see the likes of the Marvel and DC logos plastered on the new .
Will we only see the Rebellion logo attached to the movie or both??
I feel we the 2000ad brand is not shown in the start credits that people will not make the connection beween Rebellion and 2000ad.

DKCX

Just more of a curious question.
I don't recall seeing the logo in the pre-credits for 'that other Dredd movie'.
We see the likes of the Marvel and DC logos plastered in the new Green Lantern, Batman, X-Men.
Will we only see the Rebellion logo attached to the movie or both??
I feel we need the 2000ad brand to be shown at the start of the credits that people will not make the connection beween Rebellion and 2000ad.
If not, I think potential readers will be lost.

Sorry couldn't re-edit the original post.

A.Cow

Re. 1995 movie, surely the lack of brand identity was more to do with all rights belonging to Egmont at the time.

According to most stuff I've read, Egmont didn't give a toss about 2000AD or Judge Dredd as marketable IP because they didn't understand non-magazine markets.  Look at how they re-packaged the entire line of comics (2000AD, Megazine, 'Classic 2000AD', 'Complete Judge Dredd', JD:LOTF) to sell them, effectively, as movie tie-ins.  We almost got re-booted back to a second 'Prog 1'.

JOE SOAP

Ideally there should be an animated short-film set inside the Nerve-Centre with Tharg and the Droids before every 2000AD production. Droid-life writ large.

JOE SOAP

IndigoPrime

Quote from: SneakeeX on 23 December, 2011, 01:11:03 PMWe see the likes of the Marvel and DC logos plastered in the new Green Lantern, Batman, X-Men.
That's largely because they pump in tons of cash, isn't it?

Would be nice to see a Rebellion or 2000 AD logo, but I won't hold my breath. What I would like to see is a note of some kind to Wagner/Ezquerra and 2000 AD in the pre-film credits roll, rather than just at the end. i.e.

Written by Alex Garland
[...]
Based on the 2000 AD character created by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra

No idea how feasible/likely that is, but I've seen similar on other adaptations.

PreacherCain

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 December, 2011, 05:02:00 PM
Quote from: SneakeeX on 23 December, 2011, 01:11:03 PMWe see the likes of the Marvel and DC logos plastered in the new Green Lantern, Batman, X-Men.

Warners owns DC and Marvel have their own studios and help finance films, so yeah it's a mixture of tons of cash and raising brand awareness. I remember Constantine having a Vertigo logo and stuff like Ghost Rider has Marvel Knights.

Did the Hellboy films have a Dark Horse logo?  And did I make it up or weren't there some 2000AD covers in the credits for the '95 Dredd?!

Hopefully they won't go Walking Dead on it and say "based on the 2000AD graphic novels" because marketing dumbbells think the general populace have some sort of allergy to the word 'comics'  :-\

Goaty

Quote from: PreacherCain on 30 December, 2011, 07:14:34 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 December, 2011, 05:02:00 PM

Warners owns DC and Marvel have their own studios and help finance films, so yeah it's a mixture of tons of cash and raising brand awareness. I remember Constantine having a Vertigo logo and stuff like Ghost Rider has Marvel Knights.

Did the Hellboy films have a Dark Horse logo?  And did I make it up or weren't there some 2000AD covers in the credits for the '95 Dredd?!

Hopefully they won't go Walking Dead on it and say "based on the 2000AD graphic novels" because marketing dumbbells think the general populace have some sort of allergy to the word 'comics'  :-\

It's was Judge Dredd covers in 1995 film

JOE SOAP

Quote from: PreacherCain on 30 December, 2011, 07:14:34 PM
And did I make it up or weren't there some 2000AD covers in the credits for the '95 Dredd?!

Yes there were some Megazines and Dredd-Eagle monthlies. It looked like a pile of shite done by someone at home.

radiator

More importantly: are Rebellion going to slap a 'NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE' caption on all Dredd and Anderson trades published this year, old-school style?

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 09 January, 2012, 03:17:43 PM
More importantly: are Rebellion going to slap a 'NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE' caption on all Dredd and Anderson trades published this year, old-school style?

What, this?  ;)

TordelBack

Ha!  As an aside, my copy of Battlefield Earth (thanks, Dad!  ::)) bore a gold embossed "Soon to be a major motion picture!" roundel.  How I chuckled to myself for those 20 long years... until the laughter stopped and the crying began.