Main Menu

SENTINEL - Kickstarter started for brand new Starblazer-esque digest comic

Started by Bad City Blue, 30 October, 2019, 10:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Hello lovelies. Here is the Kickstarter page to back the new comic SENTINEL by Myself and artist Ed Doyle. It's similar to the old Starblazer and Commando comics with this issue being a complete Sci Fi story "Special Delivery".

The next issue is planned to be a horror themed story that will bring back fond memories of MISTY comic if we do it right.

A basic copy is £5 posted in UK, and there is also a limited cover being done by top art driod Steven Austin. Both covers can also be had as limited prints for a bit more cash.

Top offer is the chance to put yourself (or a friend) IN the comic, as we have three characters that can be drawn around any person's likeness. Do this and you get everything we have PLUS a hand drawn portrait of your character.

As it's on Kickstarter you have to create an account if you don't have one. You pledge the amount you're comfortable with for the product you fancy, and you ONLY get charged if we meet our £700 goal.

We're not in this to make a load of money, but because we love comics and wanted to make our own, original series.

Please SHARE this and let's get this made. Thanks XX

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sentinelcomic/sentinel-the-new-sci-fi-fantasy-and-horror-digest?ref=project_build#
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Buttonman

Bad City Blue

Bolt-01

Bad City Blue

Thanks, Bolt. Issue 2 will be a homage to Misty style storytelling.

Buttonman

Phew! Target reached day one! Great going guys - let's see some stretch goals now!

moly

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Buttonman on 30 October, 2019, 06:09:27 PM
Phew! Target reached day one! Great going guys - let's see some stretch goals now!

We're not doing any stretch goals. It was priced and targeted so that we didn't lose any money, and everyone's getting a decent value product for their cash, themore we get the more we print

Buttonman

Ah no worries - maybe I'll get that mug I've been hankering for when you do the funding for Phase 2!

pauljholden

Hey good luck with it, as I'm sure you know Ive been working on a project with the  exact same format for my own Kickstarter project cus it's a great format. Will be keeping an eye to see how you do!

Bad City Blue

Quote from: pauljholden on 31 October, 2019, 04:01:05 PM
Hey good luck with it, as I'm sure you know Ive been working on a project with the  exact same format for my own Kickstarter project cus it's a great format. Will be keeping an eye to see how you do!

Didn't know about yours until after we did ours, but good luck to you.

post the link here by all means

pauljholden

Ah, like a fool I decided I wanted to get the entire thing drawn before I start asking for cash so there's no links to send anyone yet. Surprised you missed me talking about it, pretty sure I was bleating on about it endlessly for a while... ( right here, in fact https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=45884.0 )

Bad City Blue

Quote from: pauljholden on 31 October, 2019, 08:14:36 PM
Ah, like a fool I decided I wanted to get the entire thing drawn before I start asking for cash so there's no links to send anyone yet. Surprised you missed me talking about it, pretty sure I was bleating on about it endlessly for a while... ( right here, in fact https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=45884.0 )

I'm sure we'll hear more when the time nears!

We only thought of it 2 weeks ago, wrote it soon after and will have it finished by the end of November in all probability.

The enthusaism of amateurs!

Bad City Blue

All going well, with nearly haflf teh book lettered and drawn, plus the final cover finished by Ian Beadle.

Plenty of backers, plenty of room for more! Just £5 for a poasted copy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sentinelcomic/sentinel-the-new-sci-fi-fantasy-and-horror-digest?ref=user_menu

Dark Jimbo

Pet-hate alert - Half the speech bubbles (in the sample, at least) are missing punctuation.
@jamesfeistdraws