Main Menu

Tharg the Munificent spreads his bounty to the forum contests

Started by Emperor, 08 May, 2012, 05:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Never one to ignore the efforts of loyal Squaxx while bringing new readers into the fold, Tharg will now be providing prizes for 2000ADonline's art and short story competition. As his generosity knows no limits there will be two prizes for each - the one that wins the popular vote and "Tharg's Choice" where the Mighty One himself* will select his favourite based on his strange and alien whims.

Contests are always stickied to the top of the general forum and May's have already started with topical themes: the Olympics for the artists and the Dark Judges for the writers. So break out the pens and pencils, those prizes won't deliver themselves to your front door.**

* Or a nominated droid, in the event that he is called away on urgent business elsewhere in Virgo Superculter, or beyond.

** Although Tharg is working on an automated prize delivery system.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Buttonman

Whoo-hoo! Breaking my Paintbox out for this! Could be my big break, the one we've all been praying for.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

strontium_dog_90

Does Tharg's greatness know no bounds?

(Though we all know the answer to that one, right?)

Colin YNWA

That is great. Hopefully it'll give the comps the bust they deserve!

Tharg you are indeed Mighty

SuperSurfer

This is all reminding me of the old Nerve Centre, featuring readers' art and £5 galactic groat book tokens or whatever the prizes were.

At some stage we have to have a draw Tharg competition (or thread). My favourite from the past was Benny Tharg (as in Benny from Crossroads).

strontium_dog_90

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 08 May, 2012, 07:12:08 PM
This is all reminding me of the old Nerve Centre, featuring readers' art and £5 galactic groat book tokens or whatever the prizes were.

At some stage we have to have a draw Tharg competition (or thread). My favourite from the past was Benny Tharg (as in Benny from Crossroads).

Or a series of stories featuring Tharg. That could be interesting. Used to love the strips featuring him back in the day.

Trout

JOE SOAP

SKD

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 May, 2012, 07:49:29 PM
Prizes will consist of left-over 80's merch:

I thought CF had got all that stuff in his cellar. :D

Stew.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Emperor

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 May, 2012, 07:49:29 PM
Prizes will consist of left-over 80's merch:

If Tharg did have any of them lying around they'd make fantastic prizes!!

I assume the measurements are the length of the hem, so you don't frighten the milkman on Saturday morning, unless you wanted to...
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Trout

The Adventurer

Will North American residents be eligible for the prizes?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Buttonman

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 08 May, 2012, 07:12:08 PM

That masterpiece graced Prog 285 and was the work of  MICHAEL DAY of LYTHAM ST ANNES - the Beast has spoken!