Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

wild-seven

You have my sympathy Pete and Mike's advice is dead on X
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Mikey

Yeah Pete - enjoy your enforced 'downtime' as much as possible, seeing as you have a few things lined up. It must be a record to have never been unemployed working in the building/restoration game...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

wild-seven

I'm having birthday drinkies with my nearest and dearest tomorrow - I'm grinning broadly oh dwellers of the forum. I'll toast you all *mwah!*

COMMANDO FORCES

vzzbux

I'm not sure where this goes but

2 years ago we got a new washing machine. About 2 months ago we got a puddle in the kitchen coming from under the machine. On inspection there seemed to be nothing. This has been happening on/off since. This weekend it turned into a little flood. Having trawled under the kitchen unit after painfully dragging both washing machine and fridge out, thinking the worst, then noticed a little drip and a fairly long bit of soggy lime scale coming from a supposedly capped off tap, wherein I tightened it fully, problem solved.

No need for a new washing machine but now have to replace the lino in the kitchen as 2 years of water must have done untold damage. Fucking plumber >:(, do a job properly is to do it yourself.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

House of Usher

Quote from: vzzbux on 10 November, 2009, 09:30:30 PM
I'm not sure where this goes but

Probably "Life is riddled with a series of minor impediments."
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Life is sort of okay because I'm going to Wild-Seven's birthday drinkies.  Hurray!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 11 November, 2009, 12:11:20 PM
Life is sort of okay because I'm going to Wild-Seven's birthday drinkies.  Hurray!

Snoo-snoo?

Peter Wolf

Thats one job application/CV accepted/forwarded to a client.

First time ever i have written a CV because i have never had to before but what was on the CV was minimal and only focussed on my building work which i kept as minimal as possible and nothing else that wasnt relevant.

Wether i will get anything from it yet i dont know but i got past the selection process.There was a huge number of applicants apparently.

I need to do more of these and make calls because i have such a good CV and a skills/knowledge/organisational/project management base that i have getting work shouldnt be a problem.This situation i am in is a blessing in disguise because there is always a positive side to a negative situation because TBH i have been pissing around for the last couple of years and i need to get my act together anyway and i like having my back against the wall because i am forced to act and do something about it.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

Life is sort of okay because I'm going to Wild-Seven's birthday drinkies.  Hurray!

I should bloody well hope so and I expect you to be paying!

Mike Gloady

wild-seven

Yay! It was great fun, birthday drinkies, surrounded by chums AND a big pile of Dredd trades to read (amongst other things) for my birthday pressies  ;D

Mike Gloady

wild-seven

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 12 November, 2009, 01:24:24 PM
Huge fun.  Your dad drunk is a joy.

He says 'Cheeky young pup!' - He wasn't drunk, he's normally like that (for people unfamiliar with my Dad - he' a member of the Richard Whitely school of punning and keeper of the mighty chalice of Vulgaria)