Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 18 July, 2010, 09:18:12 PM
So soon after my own 40th birthday, I wake up to find my eldest son seven tomorrow. As I miraculously am not due back to work for three days, we decided to spread his birthday out over a 48 hour period- today we went to some godawful kids play center, where I was up to my neck in balls... then we took him home and gave him his present from my parents.

But- Oh The Horror!- they'd got him two PS3 games! And he only has a PS2! Cue much wailing and gnashing of teeth... right up until I walk in with the other present he's allowed to open today- a PS3!

So, while I am an arm and a leg poorer, I had the splendid exprience of two very happy little boys all day. That qualifies as "sort of okay" I think.

And tomorrow he gets more games and a complete, bound, run of JD:LotF and a Death figure.

SBT

Very OK!!  Lucky boys.

Mine got his own 360 for the first time at Xmas and he was delighted.  I bet they were very happy chappies.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Something Fishy on 18 July, 2010, 10:29:29 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 June, 2010, 06:47:25 PM

None of them would like to be married to myself because i enjoy doing stuff like Hoovering and cooking etc partly because when i lived at home everyone chipped in with household chores.

It was like that for me too.

As a result I tend to do all the hoovering, dusting, dishes and most of the stuff like cleaning bathrooms and doing the gardens.  Cooking is the one thing I don't do much.

We work equal hours (both part time) and spend pretty similar time doing stuff with our son.  

I am grateful for it now but not always at the time.Everyone had to pull their weight unless of course it was my younger sister who never seemed to have to do anything at all  >:(

My Mum didnt go to work but she didnt see why she should have to do everything around the house which is fair enough really so i ended up being totally domesticated and i learnt to cook.Chopping or sawing up firewood was the chore i always enjoyed the most and cleaning the cars and window cleaning was another.If and when i start a family i will have a similar regime because i reckon it was beneficial.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

In classroom all night being taught CPC Bollocks. Still getting paid for it and there is no test at the end, what a waste of everyone's time and effort.
By the way, it's all to do with driving, which amazingly I do know how to do.
Bloody Europe and their ideas  ::)

House of Usher

I'm glad you said it's to do with driving, because I've no idea what CPC is!  :D
STRIKE !!!

M.I.K.

It's an old 8-bit computer manufactured by Amstrad.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's a Certificate of Professional Competence, it takes a week to cover all the modules (how to drive, laws & legislations, etc...) and it's a complete waste of time.
You have to know at least 90% of it to get your LGV licence, still I am home early and I'm still on the clock getting paid.
We have to do this every 5 years so most companies are breaking it down to 1 day every year. I can't wait to see what they have lined up for us next year.
Still the four of us in the class had a good laugh, especially when we all seemed to start to nod off about 04:00 ish  :lol:

staticgirl

I have just been on holiday at my mum's house. I got to cuddle my baby niece and several dogs too.

House of Usher

...a couple of glasses of raki with orange juice, over ice.

And to follow, spiced up veggie sausage omelette with mushroom rice.  :D
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 July, 2010, 06:00:12 AM
It's a Certificate of Professional Competence, it takes a week to cover all the modules (how to drive, laws & legislations, etc...) and it's a complete waste of time.
You have to know at least 90% of it to get your LGV licence, still I am home early and I'm still on the clock getting paid.
We have to do this every 5 years so most companies are breaking it down to 1 day every year. I can't wait to see what they have lined up for us next year.
Still the four of us in the class had a good laugh, especially when we all seemed to start to nod off about 04:00 ish  :lol:

One stage closer [EU Directive 3535767687686898787//] to you being fully assimilated into the EU collectivist Borg.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

staticgirl

... saw Front Line Assembly on Tuesday who were brilliant. Another immensely influential band from way back when ticked off my List.

Just booked tickets to see Young Gods in December. They're also on my list.

More up to date: also booked tickets to see Rotersand who are one of my favourite current 'futurepop' bands.

Mikey

Quote from: staticgirl on 23 July, 2010, 12:21:33 PM
Just booked tickets to see Young Gods in December.

Young Gods are tha shizzle.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

House of Usher

Quote from: staticgirl on 23 July, 2010, 12:21:33 PM
More up to date: also booked tickets to see Rotersand who are one of my favourite current 'futurepop' bands.

We're future sailors
Electronic castaway
Digital stowaway
Cyborg sea-dog,
Tell me what you dream of
Future sailors
STRIKE !!!

staticgirl

I suspect there is nothing that Julian and especially that Noel don't know about goth culture. :D

Dandontdare

Since getting a new PC with Windows 7, I've been convinced my old printer/scanner was no longer operable. The image program I used to import images with could not find the scanner or import. According to Dell this model is not compatible with windows 7 and there are no plans to create new drivers.

However I've just discovered that if I approach it from a different direction (ie open the device itself and select SCAN) it actually does work! If I wasn't a lazy git who never gets around to anything, I'd have forked out for a new scanner by now.

Rog69

I fixed my MP3 player :).

I hadn't used it for a couple of weeks and the battery had drained and wouldn't charge up. I was looking on-line to see if I could get a new battery or something and I found out that I needed to do a firmware update instead as there was a bug that caused charging problems, which I did and it worked.

This is only sort of OK because it's quite an old player and I was looking forward to replacing it with something shinier.