Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

That great to hear TB, and yeah we need a 'pass/passed it forward thread'

I recently passed a castle and a mountain of figures: knight, dragon, pirates etc on to my mum;s next doors grandson. His wee face was a picture when he came to thank me, excited is not the word! Warm Glow indeed.
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

mogzilla

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 June, 2011, 09:37:40 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 12 June, 2011, 09:05:07 PM
the cynic in me cant help but wonder if she were palming em off before the rozzers called...

:lol:  Says the man who sent me a free game a few weeks back!

me fence wunt giv me nuffink for it innit? ;)

Peter Wolf

My noisy neighbours are moving out.

This is neither fantastic or terrible as they had made an effort to cut their noise levels and i did get on with them alright in the end so i i didnt want to say its fantastic as in good riddance but they werent really suited to living here.They are in their early 20s and they want to turn their music up and make noise but some places are not suited to that.I lived in an apartment block in London when i was in my 20s and i couldnt turn music up loud and have noisy parties etc as it was against the terms of the lease and if i was a noise nuisance i would have got strongly worded letters and warnings from other residents and the residents commitee.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

Someone i used to know [more of an aquaintance] appeared in Word magazine as the writer of the main article in the magazine [sounds that changed music] much to my surprise.This is sort of okay because despite not having seen this individual for years and years i am happy to see him doing well as a writer.

Peter Wolf

The title of the article i am talking about is "40 noises that built rock and roll".I might as well get it right.

Hoagy

Ha! You won't believe this but, our local Smiths are running out of Progs every week.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Something Fishy

That's very OK. would love to see 2k take off again.

Hoagy

Well it's ok because, when I went in to pick up my comic it wasn't to be seen. I hoped it was selling too well rather than them holding back or not putting as many out anymore. I had a word with the store manager, (an old school friend) and he informed me it's a big seller at the moment. This was Dark Forces prog. A week before the jumping on prog. So, good or bad, for a second, it was touch and go, if I was getting my copy. Clickwheel are a week behind too, so it would have spoilt my flow if I'd waited much longer. :) Alls well that ends well tho.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Something Fishy

SquashedFly

Quote from: Krombasher on 02 July, 2011, 06:43:40 AM
Ha! You won't believe this but, our local Smiths are running out of Progs every week.

Same. I only just managed to get the last one there was in Smiths today. Also, I was only in Smiths because the usual place I get the Prog had none at all. I'm not sure if it's because they aren't stocking it or because it sold out, but the place had plenty of the Megazine. I really should get my sub sorted out  :D

Peter Wolf

I had a bad attack of Hayfever which started on Friday afternoon and got worse in the evening after i went to a pub out in the countryside and then yesterday it started as soon as i went outside but today it seems to have stopped.This is the only time this summer that i have suffered with it and its the main reason i didnt go up to London yesterday.

TordelBack

Won a dinghy race tonight by 2 seconds, after over an hour's racing.  We were trailing last halfway into the first leg, fought back to second round the last mark, and somehow pipped the leader (the top boat in the class) at the finish. I am an absolutely hopeless sailor, and have to work my arse off to hold my own as crew in a two-man boat, so this was a most satisfying result.  It fascinates me how this trivial thing can lift my spirits in a month of utter foulness at work, and financially at home.  I literally dragged myself out to sail this evening in the blackest of moods, and yet left with a spring in my step. 

If you'd told me three years ago that I could make the time to engage in a competitive sport once or twice a week, and get such a boost from it that it pushes back the familiar warning signs of a crashing mental state, I would have laughed.  I honestly feel that having something, preferably something physical and requiring complete concentration while it's actually happening, but yet is completely unimportant, has literally saved my questionable sanity this past while.  So yes, life is sometimes sort of okay.

Richmond Clements

So there's some Sky One program filming up here where they're building a tree house thingy with the community. They were filming in the local tonight and we were along. Bou is designing the building along with another couple of folks and an architect from the show.
They bought me a pint, so yes, I have taken the Murdoch shilling.