Main Menu

Heatshock / Hondo City Judge - reporting in

Started by Heatshock, 03 December, 2013, 02:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heatshock

hi guys.  lots of familiar faces already
Names Nate.  I am more known for prop building and Star Wars stuff, and use the same username on other boards too

I grew up in Singapore where individual Progs of 2000AD were few and far between.  Annuals and condensed versions were rare and highly sought after.  I was a big fan, despite having only a very fragmented exposure over the years.  I moved to the UK in the early 90s, and spent a lot of time catching up.  Some changes I embraced, some I didnt really take to, but the 2000AD of my childhood was essentially there still!

wanted to build a proper Judge Costume for years.  But till then I had only seen the 95 version and a few, well executed scratch builds.  I waited for years for Termight to put out a purchasable full costume.  Then Minty changed everything.  Quickly followed by Dredd 3D

By then, I had learnt a thign or two about prop building and costume construction. I finally took the plunge and decided to build the Hondo Cit Judge Insp Sadu - a little known character in the big world of Dredd, but one I really took to.  I actually never compeltely read the story as I only had 3 of the 4 parts till very recently :D

anyway - thanks for all the response to the costume.  I didnt expect a whole load of recognition, but certainly a character I have always wanted to do justice to.  The reception was phenomenal - and its nice to see that Insp Sadu was as fondly remember by others too :D

heres a full frontal pic of the full costume

Nate

shaolin_monkey

Howdy mate! Great to see you made it to the forum.

COMMANDO FORCES

Welcome aboard Nate, glad you had an awesome time over your double con weekend!

IronGraham

Welcome Nate really liked your costume at TB thanks for posing with me Nan
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Heatshock on 03 December, 2013, 02:37:37 AM
...Hondo Cit Judge Insp Sadu - a little known character in the big world of Dredd, but one I really took to.  I actually never compeltely read the story as I only had 3 of the 4 parts till very recently :D

You know he returned a little later in the Judgement Day epic, right...?
@jamesfeistdraws

Steven Sterlacchini

Dunk!

Saw you at Thought Bubble, seriously impressive uniform, matey, both in ambition and execution.

Closest I'm gonna get to seeing a Brendan McCarthy flared helmet judge wandering around so double kudos to you.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Colin YNWA

Yeah mighty impressive costume was so excited when I first saw it. Brilliant job.

More importantly welcome aboard and have fun.

Dr Feeley Good

Hi Nate, Cracking costume! I'm Dr Feeley Good on the Uk Garrison and 99th Garrison forums. ..

Steve Green

JudgeGerry

Good to see you and MEM and here on this Forum.  :cool: