Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 24 October, 2009, 10:11:36 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 24 October, 2009, 07:57:07 PM
Gastropods are Molluscs in the broad sense but they are a sub species that dont have shells

Well, no: they're molluscs in the strict sense that that's how Linnaean taxonomy works. Snails have shells and they are also gastropods.

I didnt word the post very well in hindsight but you at least recognise that one species having a shell and the other not means that they are each a different family of Gastropods/Molluscs..

Which is what i failed to articulate properly.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

wild-seven

Life spugs because I think I've upset a good friend and all via the medium of misunderstanding. He was one half of a couple who split a few months back and while on good terms with the lady half I never got round to reassuring him that far from taking sides I was the very epitome of neutrality. So the other day I thought it'd be a good idea to do so, only now I think he's taken it as me making a pass at him (they used to come and stay with me regularly, she still does so it was only fair to make the same offer to him) - he knows that I not only have a boyfriend but am VERY happy thanks awfully for asking. The question is should I feel bad or is he the arse for misunderstanding my good intentions?
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Mike Gloady

You shouldn't feel bad.  He is an arse (albeit a semi-arse as I don't know how badly the break-up upset him - often you feel your ability to read the opposite sex is desperately screwed through being a bad judge of character or whatever).

And I'm pleased to hear you're so happy *beams happily*  So am I.

*sound of the rest of the forum doing mini-sicks*
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 25 October, 2009, 03:05:38 PM
You shouldn't feel bad.  He is an arse.

Harsh! I wouldn't say he was an 'arse' - just 'male.' God knows it only takes a grateful smile from a pretty lady in thanks for holding a door open and I'm already imagining what we might call our first child.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mike Gloady

I corrected myself by saying mini-arse, semi-arse or similar.  Something like that. 

And yes, I know what you mean, Jimbo.

wild-seven

There's always the option that he hasn't thought that at all and I'm worrying for no reason, although I have no intention of asking him!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 25 October, 2009, 03:26:15 PM
God knows it only takes a grateful smile from a pretty lady in thanks for holding a door open and I'm already imagining what we might call our first child.
Oh, I've been there Jimbo.

He probably hasn't thought that way at all Wild and just taken it as the friendly gesture you meant it too be.

TordelBack

QuoteHe probably hasn't thought that way at all Wild and just taken it as the friendly gesture you meant it too be.

Hmmm, I'd say he has probably entertained the possibility (being a man, and thus forced to entertain any possibility, no matter how unlikely), but doesn't really believe he's got the right end of the stick, so give out any clear indications that he was mistaken and he'll go back to normal without any repercussions.  In fact, even if the circumstances were different and there had been a genuine if subtle offer, he'd still go back to normal once there was a hint that he had been mistaken.  

As a gender we're used to missing the point on an almost daily hourly basis, and by adulthood we've usually learnt not to let it concern us.  

Mike Gloady

I think that Tordels is probably right.  

I'd ask if you may have misread him as if the communication was digital and non-verbal that might be a possibility.  Although usually reading us blokes is child's play for you lovely ladies.  We're not exactly complex (i.e. we say what we mean and don't expect psychic powers *wink*).

Tiplodocus

He's probably gone home and had a right good wank though, regardless of what you think he thought.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

I think that goes without saying.  As Sabrina the Teenage Witch once remarked, "the mystery of men is that there is no mystery".

wild-seven

Thanks chaps, I'm sure he'll realise the error of his ways!

QuoteHe's probably gone home and had a right good wank though, regardless of what you think he thought.

Er thanks Tiplodocus! *heads towards the cupboard for a large bottle of mind bleach*

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 October, 2009, 10:02:57 PM
I think that goes without saying.  As Sabrina the Teenage Witch once remarked, "the mystery of men is that there is no mystery".

Theres always exceptions to that rule.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 October, 2009, 10:02:57 PM
And as Xander Harris remarked: "Sometimes I think about two women doing a spell... and then I do a spell by myself."
We never really die.

TordelBack

QuoteTheres always exceptions to that rule.

Well obviously she wasn't including Mr. Furious or the Shoveller, never mind the Blue Raja.