Main Menu

Life on Mars

Started by paulvonscott, 10 January, 2006, 04:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobo Baggins

I loved this series - great all the way through!

Apart from the ending - I wanted him to get home!  But I knew he was doomed to stay as soon as they announced that there was going to be a second series...

To be honest, I'd rather that there was one great series that I'd make a point of watching every week and actually had an ending, rather than several series that went on until I got bored of it and never finished properly.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Matt Timson

Heartbeat meets The Sweeney- that's what it'll turn into.  In ten year's time, it'll still be 1973 and a caricature of a caricature.

As much as I'd like to see another series, I kind of wish they'd wrapped it up with this one.  Series after series of, "please wake up, love/let's turn him off/why am I here?", will probably dillute what was a cracking idea.  I reckon.
Pffft...

WoD

I fear you could be right...end it after the next series, or at least have a structured plan for it to end after 3 series...

IndigoPrime

According to what I've heard, that's exactly how it's mapped out -- a three-series effort, which is finite (in other words, there's an actual "ending" at the end of the third series).

SmallBlueThing

Easily the best TV show of the last godaloneknowshowmanyyears. And yes, that includes the new Who, Casanova and the Boosh.

As for the ending- I also suspect this may have been an alternate, but I hope not- I hope it's mapped for at least next year as well. what would be quite good, would be to see Sam gradually coming to love it in 73 so much that possibly returning home becomes the *threat* that drives the show.

Whatever, I'll be watching the next series.

For the first time, I think ever (or at least since I was a nipper and the same was said over the closing titles of a final Dr Who episode) "it will be back next year" seems horribly, terribly, devastatingly cruel- such a long wait. 2007 has never seemed so far away.

Wonder if we'll get a Christmas special. be very surprised if we don't.

Steev

Leigh S

Maybe its the daughter of Jug and Chopper?

Leigh S

Devons Daddy

i heard they are going to make a 2nd series?

anyone here confirm that,or was it just internet nonsense.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Bolt-01

DD, big confirmation on that.

Bolt-01

W. R. Logan

News on series 2 can be found here.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/lifeonmars/" target="_blank">Life On Mars

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/lifeonmars/images/450x187/home.jpg">

Devons Daddy

have drag this back into the light.

WOW,just watched the last of this seasons. what a fantastic show.(DVD thank you dad)
now please note local tv is akin to the stuff we had in the 70s in the uk in terms of standards and story lines.

that was not a shit ending.if you can watch it again notice how many times he was able to go back.
there are clues everywhere.

biggest one.
at his mothers house.she tells him sammy is not well and asleep upstairs. she offers to wake him. he declines.
watch it the second time with a more critical eye and more in a whodunnit style. very rewarding.

its not meant to be real world, its his own fears and beliefs made real.each week offering things from all our memories. several scenes are direct lifts from cop tv shows of the 70s and 80s.

you lot complain about tv in the uk. thatsx what happens when you get to eat cavair every day.you get used to it.

put me down for the box set with extras in three years.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!