Main Menu

2018: forthcoming thrills..

Started by janus stark, 05 January, 2018, 12:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Arh man now I'm wishing I'd ordered this.  Do you know if it collects more than the Hibernia editions?

moly

13th floor in hard back is a thing of beauty

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tjm86 on 13 October, 2018, 12:02:32 PMOne thing I don't get though; how come your cover is blue?
It's black. Colour cast from the light, I assume.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 October, 2018, 03:07:23 PM
Arh man now I'm wishing I'd ordered this.  Do you know if it collects more than the Hibernia editions?

Yep, should do - from memory, it will cover all of the material we reprinted plus at least another 50-ish pages. Looking forward to grabbing a copy of it when it comes out, partly from curiosity to see how Rebellion's repro droids work compares, but mainly because, well... it's the fantastic Thirteenth Floor in hardback, innit?

Tjm86

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 October, 2018, 04:41:07 PM
Looking forward to grabbing a copy of it when it comes out, partly from curiosity to see how Rebellion's repro droids work compares, ...

Quite favourably TBH.  Considering some of the issues we've had with some of the Mega Collection and others of this age they've done a cracking job. The Tower King and House of Daemon volumes from Hibernia stand up well against this and give a good indication of the quality of workmanship there.

Just hope that when they get around to the next volume we get a hardback edition as well.

Can we start a campaign for Kennedy's Dan Dare run?

QuoteColour cast from the light,

Ah ... that makes sense.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tjm86 on 13 October, 2018, 06:26:46 PM

That would require getting some kind of sense out of the Dan Dare Corporation, which is a lot harder than one might imagine from what I understand.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Jim: yep. "Would you like some free publicity in a magazine?" "How much will you pay us?" Erm...

Colin: any reason why you don't want to buy it now? Do you already have another edition? The HC hasn't sold out yet: https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/graphic-novels/treasury-of-british-comics/RCA-B0041

broodblik

Quote from: Tjm86 on 13 October, 2018, 06:26:46 PM

You have my backing but as Jim said not sure if DDC will play along.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 October, 2018, 07:06:23 PM
Colin: any reason why you don't want to buy it now? Do you already have another edition? The HC hasn't sold out yet: https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/graphic-novels/treasury-of-british-comics/RCA-B0041

I have the Hibneria edition and £20 for the extra pages feels extravagent so was going to wait for a cheaper trade... but damn it looks like a nice produce... this, Black Max, Jinty and Bella, El Mestizo round the corner... I'm trying to be more selective!

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 October, 2018, 09:23:41 PM
I have the Hibneria edition and £20 for the extra pages feels extravagent so was going to wait for a cheaper trade... but damn it looks like a nice produce... this, Black Max, Jinty and Bella, El Mestizo round the corner... I'm trying to be more selective!

Mine arrived today. It is a thing of nightmarish beauty. The additional Eagle pages, not already published by Hibernia, are truly wonderful - I'd forgotten what horrific treatment Sgt. Ingram was dealt - and of course, it features the scene I've wanted to re-read for thirty years, Max's explanation about the erasure of Bert Runch from existence.

Look closely at my screen, Jerry Colin. See the way it swirls round and round? So restful. Doesn't it make you feel relaxed? Wouldn't it be nice to just buy the hardback... buy the hardback... slowly sink into its pages...?

IndigoPrime

It's still available, Colin. It still says 'Add to basket'. Plus if you don't buy it, Max is going to hurl you into a nightmare dimension.

broodblik

Coming to 2000 AD Prog 2106... Infestinauts by Arthur Wyatt and me, featuring microscopic robots, aliens, car chases, love, loss, and hairy naked space dudes...

http://www.pyeparr.com/tag/2000ad/
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 28 October, 2018, 05:08:24 PM
Coming to 2000 AD Prog 2106... Infestinauts by Arthur Wyatt and me, featuring microscopic robots, aliens, car chases, love, loss, and hairy naked space dudes...

http://www.pyeparr.com/tag/2000ad/

A sequal to a Future Shock called "Intestinauts" from prog 1822

Art

Loose stools, space bugs in the tummy, unwanted symbiotes? For more information on what Intestinauts can do for your gastric system see the informational strip in the  2018 Free Comicbook Day Prog.

https://2000ad.com/post/3389

Richard

Brilliant! I'm delighted this is happening, that was a great story.