Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 13 April, 2010, 02:37:40 PM
I guess what I'm trying to saw is let's see where "our" culture will take us, not the homogenous culture of global multi-culturism, where wherever you go you get the same thing again and again.

I totally agree with you as well.

Cultures should be allowed to evolve naturally on their own instead of being interfered with or experimented with by central govt so that they fit their own warped ideologies.Not everyone wants to live in a homogenised culture where you get the same thing over and over again and that applies to everything including race and ethnicity.

Its curious isnt it how you get all this talk of diversity with the PC brigade yet its they who want to dilute everything and homogenise everything so in that process diversity is destroyed.Its wrong because its being forced.

The people themselves should shape their own communities not govts but govts are because they allow immigration but immigration should not be because of central govt social engineering programmes.You dont build successful communities by making them conform to diversity quotas that are decided by central planning [New Labour].

Stupid Cunts.This is why i totally disagree with the destruction of nation states because you actually cant do it.They can draw new maps and call England whatever the fuck its called in the new EUROZONE but as far as i am concerned England will still be England as its not like anything has really changed beyond what EU bereaucrats are imposing on us with their dictats.The English channel is to be renamed as the Anglo-French Pond !!

Its not though as its the English fucking Channel  >:(

Its not like nations like the UK or France suddenly stop existing just because a bereaucrat redraws a map.

I am so sick :sick: and tired of the fucking One World Balloonheads and their warped ideology.

I had best stop before i go off on one .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

LARF

Around 600 years ago my ancestors on my fathers side came over here and settled from France, on the other hand my Mother's family descend from Romany Gypsies that moved to the UK around 200 years ago - so my question is, "Which country should I fuck off back to?"

The UK is a country of mixed breeds, Saxons, Romans, Vikings, French, Germans, Africans, Indians, Pakistanis, Jews, Muslims (the latter not just over the last few decades, but over the last few hundred years), not to mention the mixing of our four 'inherent' UK countries - what can we call 'True Brit?', or a 'True UK Citizen?' We're all mongrels created by Empire building, War and Invasion. This is what we should be proud of, that our heritage has made us a hardy breed immune to intolerance and hatred, not a people blind and blinkered to other cultures because all of us are made of ancestors from other cultures.

Look at the providence of your surname and your Mother's Maiden name, look at your heritage and answer whether you are truly British, Welsh, Scottish or Irish...

BTW: I think the conservatives are a complete bunch of cocks

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 13 April, 2010, 03:31:23 PM
It seems to me that anyone who proclaims that "voting is a sin against Islam," is either working against Islam (third party agitators? Surely not!) or needs to understand it better. The thing is, upon seeing that slogan, how many people will even bother to check if it's true?

It seems to me that the matter is not as cut and dried as you present -- there are a broad spectrum of interpretations of Islam and I live in an area with a very large Muslim population. There most certainly is a view within sections of the Muslim community that voting acknowledges an authority other than God and thus is explicitly prohibited by the Koran. I have no issue with people holding this view, but I do have an issue with them campaigning against democracy as a concept.

I would also point out that the second of your quotations describes voting as being the necessity of choosing the "less evil" of the candidates, which is hardly a ringing endorsement of the democratic process!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's quite simple really

The Labour party are

THE BORG

Robin Low

Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 13 April, 2010, 02:37:40 PMIf I were to move outside Scotland then the land and people I would live with would have to have my full support, otherewise why would they have any reason to accept me.

Why wouldn't they accept you? You're a human being the same as the rest of us. Most of us on the board live in England, I think, but it's quite clear that we don't have one idea of what it means to be English, or what it means to support the land and the people, so you living in England but supporting Scotland would be of no consequence at all.

As it is, I'm technically half Scottish, a quarter English and a quarter Welsh, but I refuse to be defined by such trivia, and I claim the right to live in every part of this island and support who and what I want to support based on my personal beliefs, rather than lines on bloody maps.

This is not to say there's anyting wrong with choosing to support a particular place - I choose support this island as a unified whole with regional variations - but I have no problem with differences adding to it. If anything, it is in-coming influences and differences that define it.

Regards

Robin

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 April, 2010, 05:59:44 PM
It's quite simple really

The Labour party are

THE BORG

So is the EU or its ruling centralised govt to be more exact and not to disparage or denigrate all of its people.

Look at Poland.One of the very last countries or nation states that hadnt signed up fully to the EU and its single currency and it declined to borrow cash from the IMF loanshark Bankster mafia and it was the only EU member state/nation state within the EU whose economy had grown during 2009 and it was on the right tracks for more growth and it also hadnt gone mad with borrowing and spending like other EU member states and its leadership - Kaczinsky etc spoke out very recently about the IMF creating the conditions that required regional states to borrow from them amongst many other things.

The next thing you know is the entire political leadership of Poland has been wiped out in a plane crash.

Thats either a conspiracy and they were whacked or its just very fortunate because now Polands political leadership can be replaced by pro-EU Federalist fifth columnists/Quislings instead because thats how things work.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Trout

I'm very relieved that my initial concerns proved unfounded, and this thread was in no way a bad idea.

Fucking hell.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm with you Peter.
People laugh at conspiracies but remember that small £1,000,000+ I talked about on the Hell-Trek.
They do happen, as I was involved in that one (no not the plane crash).

vzzbux

Vote Conservative.

Do you see what I did there.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

Robin Low

Quote from: King Trout on 13 April, 2010, 06:26:53 PM
I'm very relieved that my initial concerns proved unfounded, and this thread was in no way a bad idea.

Fucking hell.

Have a little patience.

Regards

Robin

Al_Ewing

Jonathan Bartley on the Nicky Campbell doc:

http://blog.echurchwebsites.org.uk/2010/04/05/verdict-nicky-campbells-easter-sunday-bbc-documentary-christians-persecuted/

I'm just putting that up for balance because I SURRENDER and I'm running back to the Doctor Who review thread where I belong with my tail between my legs. YOU WIN! I can't stand the political heat! Also I hate Christmas and want to replace it with LIFE DAY. (And I gotta get back to work! Sorry guys for this cowardly retreat. I'll check back in tomorrow and see how it all shook out.)

(shakes fist, boards TARDIS, enters political exile or possibly Zero Room)
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

House of Usher

Quote from: Al_Ewing on 13 April, 2010, 04:51:13 PM
http://www.fivechinesecrackers.com/2009/12/how-to-write-christmas-is-under-attack.html

A nice article that linked to. This comment on it, from 'Culfy' really made me laugh:

QuoteI agree. Those evil PC secularists forcing everyone to change 'Christmas' to 'winter'

They've even rewritten those beautiful Christmas songs 'Walking in a Christmas Wonderland' and 'In The Bleak MidChristmas'
STRIKE !!!

HOO-HAA

I can express my thinking on the immigration discussion with one sentence:

'An it harm none, do what ye will.'

In my perfect world, that goes for muslims, jews, christians, satanists, wiccans, wizards, elves, traffic wardens, readers of marvel comics etc.

Me? I'm an atheist. However, I will defend another person's basic right to believe what they want, practice it how they like and gather together in communities with other like-minded people to express whatever they wish to express.

As long as it harms no one else, it's all fine by me.  

Here's another soundbite I like to throw around:

I'm pro-choice. About everything.

LARF

Quote from: vzzbux on 13 April, 2010, 06:34:46 PM

Vote Conservative.

Do you see what I did there.

V

Ooh, clever, I like it.

Sublibinal