Main Menu

Dredd vs Zombies on iPhone/iPad

Started by pauljholden, 01 December, 2011, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

What, no-one else got this yet? 69p! (though it's one of those "buy credits to upgrade guns" games that infuriate me) looks lovely for an iPhone game. Though, if I'm honest, it might get a little samey if it wasn't for the fact YOU'RE PLAYING JUDGE DREDD.

Also controls are pretty good, virtual joystick but it sort of auto aims at the bad guys. Placement of pause is a bit annoying as everytime I tried to target a thing to explode I'd end up hitting pause (but that might be a constant problem regardless of where pause is).

Nice use of some proper Dredd art in game too - the icon is the only non-2000ad artist Dredd that they've used (well, except for the Dredd game model - but even he seems very faithful given the limits...)

-pj

Goaty

Bolt-01

pauljholden

skurvy

bluemeanie

Had a quick blast on the iphone4... fun little shooter and looks very nice.
Reminds me of an old pc game... cant think of the name but Bisley did the concept art for it.

Albion

Just got it for the iPad, thanks for telling us about it PJ.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

LARF

It's a great game, really goog graphics, intuitive and good learning curve.

Richmond Clements

Pretty good! It's stopped me playing Tiny Tower for a couple of hours!

Goaty

Oh now there advert of it at top of this forums! :-)

pauljholden

Though now, seeing that banner, I wish it was dredd vs zombo :)

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Steven Sterlacchini

Just bought it. Works well and a lot of fun on the iPad.

Not a big fan of Zombies though, but it's a good quality iPad game. Fingers crossed for a Block Mania upgrade so that I can shoot criminals instead (only very bad ones of course).

The sound is nice and the bullet trails look cool.

Was this announced anywhere? It's definitely worth shouting about!

Well done to however has worked on it!

DrJomster

Picked it up the second I got within range of our home wifi! Looks ok so far. More play required with the sound up loud through the headphones, methinks! :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.