Main Menu

Inside No. 9 (BBC2)

Started by Goaty, 12 February, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 October, 2018, 08:31:21 PM
I'd like to meet the person [spoiler]who didn't check the sound on their TV,  or say "ah bollocks" when they cut to a repeat[/spoiler].

My immediate thoughts were [spoiler]"Ah, they're doing a Ghostwatch", but then started doubting myself during the 'repeat', a split second before the music started to go wonky and the ghosty appeared outside the window.[/spoiler]

Mattofthespurs

Definitely filmed live as proven when they were back stage and were flicking between channels. The news on BBC 1 at the time was identical.

Funnily enough I've been having an issue with my amp so when the sound cut out the missus got annoyed and said it was time to buy another one. I twigged that it wasn't the amp but she fell for it.

Brilliant episode. So audacious.

Need to watch it again as it whizzed by so quickly.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 October, 2018, 08:31:21 PM
I'd like to meet the person [spoiler]who didn't check the sound on their TV,  or say "ah bollocks" when they cut to a repeat[/spoiler].

What had my wife and myself was the fact [spoiler]that the sound on our TV has been playing up a little recently, and changing channel and then back again fixes it. And that is indeed what we did....it just happened to perfectly time with the sound coming back on with Inside No.9

When it cut to the repeat, we got excited because that is a great episode....and then got annoyed when that went. But then.......[/spoiler]
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

M.I.K.

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 30 October, 2018, 08:11:59 AM
Definitely filmed live as proven when they were back stage and were flicking between channels. The news on BBC 1 at the time was identical.

[spoiler]Those images could've been added in.[/spoiler]

Hawkmumbler

Twitter is making Ghostwatch comparisons.

I might need to see this, but the effect will obviously be completely lost now.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: M.I.K. on 30 October, 2018, 11:24:27 AM

[spoiler]But if you turned over to BBC 1 at that very moment that was what was showing. A live news programme.[/spoiler]

Tiplodocus

Loved it. Some of the effect was lost by it being a "Halloween special" though. Imagine if new season had opened with that.

Reminded me of the brilliant Alexi Sayle show that started mucking about with format and channel identifiers. They got a good three minutes into a very faithful recreation of a "Juliet Bravo"* episode before revealling the actual gag.

* How dare they recast a police inspector as a woman?!?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

M.I.K.

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 30 October, 2018, 11:43:48 AM

[spoiler]But if you turned over to BBC 1 at that very moment that was what was showing. A live news programme.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I know, but it wouldn't be difficult to add a small rectangle of live footage over the top of footage that's already recorded.[/spoiler]

TordelBack

That's even more fiendishly brilliant than I thought, then!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 October, 2018, 12:05:02 PM

That's even more fiendishly brilliant than I thought, then!

Only watched it once but I think there are loads of stuff like than, including the tweet from Shearsmith that came up live on my Twitter feed as he tweeted it in the show.

Tomwe

Just watched this - amazing! Would have worked much better live of course.
Sure there were live parts as well as pre-shot ones.

Frank

Steve Green

TordelBack

That's great,  cheers Steve!

Eamonn Clarke

Watched it again last night with my daughter and she noticed the shining inspired wallpaper in their dressing room.