Main Menu

Prog 1208

Started by IronGraham, 10 October, 2015, 04:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronGraham

I'm reading through my Progs and got to 1208 I've just noticed that it has only one staple is the case with your copies?
We're werewolves not swearwolves

I, Cosh

Quote from: IronGraham on 10 October, 2015, 04:37:45 PM
I'm reading through my Progs and got to 1208 I've just noticed that it has only one staple is the case with your copies?
Don't think so, but you should just be thankful you have a copy at all.
We never really die.

Fungus

That's the slightest of aberrations if you consider some of the wonkier printings that sometimes turn up...

The Adventurer

Was 1208 the one we're most copies were destroyed by flooding?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Adventurer on 10 October, 2015, 06:02:03 PM
Was 1208 the one we're most copies were destroyed by flooding?
Yep.
We never really die.

CrazyFoxMachine

Very proudly got this for cheap once by accident in a job lot sale of 1200-1210 for £10 - I thought "surely that won't include 1208" but it did :D

Zenith 666

There's only one Staples if you ask me anyway.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I got mine in a job lot of 1200 - 1299 for about 50p a Prog. I didn't know at the time that the issue was rare, but was more than with the deal as was! Think you can often pick this up at a good price as part of a job lot. For example currently running on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-rare-Prog-1208-within-issues-1170-1230-/221909906296?hash=item33aadc7378

ZenArcade

Got mine same way.....felt embarrassed. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Link Prime

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 10 October, 2015, 07:25:57 PM
There's only one Staples if you ask me anyway.

Ah here now, I won't hear a bad word about Paul Staples!
Apart from some crackin work on Finn & Slaine, I have very, very fond memories of his Nemesis one-off (Prog 824).
Totally caught me by surprise when I picked it up in the shops on the way home from school (a lifetime ago).
A totally unexpected (and unsolicited) one-off for Nemesis The Warlock- with a Pure Magick cover.

Link Prime

Fiona Staples is working on two of the best US titles currently being published too.
Is there a Staples out there that isn't a freakin artistic genius?  ;)

DrRocka

Just found a goody bag of progs 1201-1220 in a charity shop in Lancaster for £2.49, and yep, 1208 is amongst 'em in pristine condition. So happy I had to come here and immediately resurrect this thread.
Never ever bloody anything ever

Tjm86

I always laugh at the number of prog 1208's on eBay, listed as 'scarce'.  There are normally a good four or five at a time.  Considering i picked up a couple of copies a few years back for a fiver apiece, 'scarce' really does seem to have an odd definition.

BTW, is that the Oxfam shop (formerly in the back lane round by Wilko's?), is the comic shop still down by the bus station?  How about the sci fi bookshop (name escapes me but amazing place, got my copy of Hogfather signed by the great TP there ... ).  Then there was the stall on the indoor market run by the guy with the most arcane opening schedule ever ...

Ah, happy days back in the mid nineties!

DrRocka

All changed since then, Tim, I gather the market's been shut for a while, but there's around 97 million* charity shops around the gaff, and speaking as a fella who had his prog denied nearly 20 years ago I feel like I won the Holy Grail today. If only I could find one of those "Gaze Into The Face Of Death" t-shirts so lovingly sported by Alien Sex Fiend back in the day, I'd die a happy man!

*lost count at seven, but that's probably a reasonably ballpark figure
Never ever bloody anything ever

norton canes

Quote from: DrRocka on 29 April, 2019, 01:55:37 PM
Just found a goody bag of progs 1201-1220 in a charity shop in Lancaster for £2.49, and yep, 1208 is amongst 'em in pristine condition. So happy I had to come here and immediately resurrect this thread

Kicking myself! I bought half a dozen of those bags the other week - more recent progs, didn't occur to me to look for prog 1208. Good on you! At least I got the complete run of Cradlegrave.