Main Menu

Why you should'nt be so "comicy" about the new film

Started by mogzilla, 01 August, 2011, 10:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

Yes, another film thread... ;)

who's seen "hellboy" and its sequel "hellboy 2 :the golden army"? now whos read the comic...?

good... now in the film hellboy wears a t-shirt doesnt have cloven hooves is in love with liz sherman and kroenen is a zombie ninja... still, its a cracking film and i  love the films,animation and comics with equal measure.
  yes they could have gone for a "canon" take on the character but they didnt and with mignola's blessings too....

Dredd is the movie "version "of  judge dredd ,not the comic we've read the reasoning behind the "changes" to the uniform and most of us can accept and indeed welcome them ,look at the uniform fer instance, in x-men if wolverine had flounced on screen in yellow and blue rubber would he have been as cool onscreen? i doubt it he'd have been laughed at and it would have made the film less well recieved.

the creator of one judge joseph dredd has approved and praised the film world's take on his character ...we are getting a dredd film especially after the stallone one, we should be grateful and not whining about how practical his shoulder pads are or his shoulder width or even his chin...

so please nay sayers and doombots try and accept this for what it is good news... we've got "minty" coming as well which is more comiccentric so we should all be satisfied...

Dandontdare

Hear hear! How he acts and what he says are a gazillion times more important in capturing the character than the shape of his shoulder pads.

Quote from: mogzilla on 01 August, 2011, 10:40:39 AM
in x-men if wolverine had flounced on screen in yellow and blue rubber would he have been as cool onscreen? i doubt it he'd have been laughed at and it would have made the film less well recieved.
There's a line in the first Xmen when Logan is doubtful about the uniforms and Cyclops (I think) says "what would you prefer - yellow spandex?" Cracked me up at the time.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

mygrimmbrother

Bravo! You put it better than I ever could Mogzilla.

Zarjazzer

Good thoughts mogzilla which I endorse but the big mouths depriving their village of it's idiot aren't going to listen. They think they own Judge Dredd and ought to be running it and are surprised when their ludicrous "Judge Dredd and the bonking bondage babes" (or whatever drivel is in their heads) isn't getting made.

They're wrong. Twoothy is owned by Rebellion and if they want JD in a pink tutu then that's what will happen.

You don't like it? Fuck you.

You think your ideas better. Fuck you.

Capitalism evil but simple you don't like something -don't buy it.

Now whatever boarder (bless their golden fingers) suggested putting these oafs on ignore and a scorched earth policy to their ravings was absolutely bloody right.

It deprives them of what they want most. Power and attention.

Now if they don't like what I'm writing well that's just great as far as I'm concerned.

Ya don't like it?

You know the rest.

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Spikes

Personally i wasnt sure about the new film when i first heard that karl urban was going to be dredd, even less so when i saw those first (frankly not very good) photos that were released. Dredd's an iconic figure, and 30+ years of reading 2000ad has ingrained that image for me, so anything deviating from that will take some getting used to, and the Stallone film has made us all protective/wary? i know it has me. But those new photos in Empire, i think are the bollocks and im geniunely excited about Dredd now. Thats not to say, or guarentee that the film will be wonderful - who can say that at this still early stage?
Yes, the uniform has been altered/redesigned/call it what you will, so what? I dont mean that flippantly, as of course its important how they make him look for this movie, but i agree with the others on here that they have created a look that echo's the original design of Dredd pretty damn well. Non-Dredd friends of mine ( i have a few!) also caught the Empire feature and were pretty impressed.
This thread(s) will run and run though, just wait til they release photos of the re-design's of Dredd's  underpants or his toothbrush, then there will be an uproar,  :lol:

JayzusB.Christ

My only problem is that the more modern and practical movie costume is making me see the flaws in the comic one.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Fuzzed

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 August, 2011, 08:50:12 PM
My only problem is that the more modern and practical movie costume is making me see the flaws in the comic one.

And then comic sales will actually go down! - and there you go, new thing to worry about, oh noes.

mogzilla

IDEA!!! the judges change the uniform in the comic for practical reasons  ;)....

....plus it will drive "him" away for ever!!!! mwah ha haaa

Woolly

now in the film hellboy wears a t-shirt doesnt have cloven hooves

*Pendant-Mode* First shot of grown up HellBoy, we do see his cloven hooves (albeit in shadow). Quite how it works in his boots though is anyones guess!  ;) *Pedant-Mode*

Michaelvk

Quote from: Woolly on 02 August, 2011, 03:18:42 PM
   now in the film hellboy wears a t-shirt doesnt have cloven hooves

*Pendant-Mode* First shot of grown up HellBoy, we do see his cloven hooves (albeit in shadow). Quite how it works in his boots though is anyones guess!  ;) *Pedant-Mode*

Hey, they put wellies on a cow in Top secret..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

I, Cosh

who's seen "hellboy" and its sequel "hellboy 2 :the golden army"? now whos read the comic...?
Yes (it was alright, I suppose) and no (I didn't like the first one enough to be arsed going back for more) and no.

No idea what this says about me or the Dredd film but the rest of that seems quite sensible.
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

Your missing out by not seeing Hellboy II, it's far superior to the first.

I, Cosh

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 August, 2011, 08:58:56 PM
Your missing out by not seeing Hellboy II, it's far superior to the first.
I'll probably watch it if it's ever on tv. I haven't seen Spiderman 2 either. For the same reason.
We never really die.