Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nap Normal

I think it's going to be quite an historic night in British Politics. Imagine all the deals that are being made all the strategies and alliances coming into play as we watch. Fascinating stuff. As a side note I'm really missing the Monster Raving Loony Party.
Falling in love makes you fat.

Lady Festina

Tis intriguing.... It's still early so everything looks good (in England) if you're left of centre... It also looks quite interesting in Scotland - early swing to Labour, no doubt an SNP fightback and possibility that the Tories could get chucked out (again).

If only time could stop now...

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Banners

Lembit goes and the BBC turn straight to a pundit called Sian Lloyd(!)

M@

Christov

Impending Tory leadership. Currently bricking it.

COMMANDO FORCES

Dear me, I go to get some paperwork at Swan Valley and the Cheeky Boy has gone  :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Christov on 07 May, 2010, 02:29:07 AM
Impending Tory leadership. Currently bricking it.

You may not need to be so worried, the Dark Lord of the Sith will tell his Emperor to do a deal with the devil to hang on to power. I can see them now in the Death Star, ringing the hotline to HELL  :lol:

Lady Festina

Quote from: House of Usher on 07 May, 2010, 02:24:01 AM
Lembit! Noooooooo!!!!  :o

Oh my gosh. Unc Fester and I are a bit taken aback by the loss of Celeb-MP-Number-One.... It's cos Simon Cowell told everyone to vote Gory Tory.

However, within 6 months, Lembit will have his own TV show (hopefully displacing Andrew Neil), co-hosting a show with Peter Robinson - Different Votes, perhaps....

M.I.K.

Clearly, folk up here are so scared the Tories might get back in that they've decided the safest bet is to vote Labour.

Meh.

Lady Festina

But what the buggery is going on in Wales??? Have a whole bunch of rich folk bought second homes or something?

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: Lady Festina on 07 May, 2010, 02:44:56 AM
But what the buggery is going on in Wales??? Have a whole bunch of rich folk bought second homes or something?

Well there's been lots of tv shows in the last few years about moving to the countryside around. Y'know downsizing and buying houses in quaint little villages for the price of rabbit hutches in the home counties.

Lady Festina

My other (non-rhetorical) question is "where are the Monster Raving Loony Party?".... I was about to say "where are the people in fancy dress?" but they're now showing Cameron's result and there are two....

If only one of them would win....

Banners

Blimey - Jesus is in Witney(!)

M@

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: Banners on 07 May, 2010, 02:57:36 AM
Blimey - Jesus is in Witney(!)

M@

Zombie Jesus by the looks of it!

Lady Festina

and he got 37 votes... original Jesus only had 12 friends....