Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Very happy to see more Hugo Platt stuff. Rebellion is nailing this stuff!

Greg M.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 October, 2019, 04:07:40 AM
Death Squad - Paperback, 128 pages, 6th August 2020

Alan Hebden, Carlos Exquerra, Eric Bradbury

An all-out all-action, complete-in-one brutal war story from the pages of the classic war comic, Battle, hugely influential on Preacher and The Boys creator Garth Ennis.

Excellent - one I remember vividly from my youth, particularly Licker, the Arnold Rimmer of the squad. My kind of character! That's a must-buy.

Maybe The Sarge could turn out to be hugely influential on Garth Ennis too...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 15 October, 2019, 07:42:53 AM
Maybe The Sarge could turn out to be hugely influential on Garth Ennis too...

The Sarge was always my favourite as a kid - I was a fool and didn't fully appreciate the wonder that was Charley's War back then. Figure they'll get to it eventually given the sterling work being done to date.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 October, 2019, 06:19:13 AM
Rebellion is nailing this stuff!

They certainly are!  I'm glad to see more Carlos being released (not to mention Alan Hebden and Eric Bradbury, especially the latter - just read "Invasion 1984" on the weekend), and also further releases in the Sexton Blake line.  I thought they'd wait to see how the first two do but this is great.  I really hope they re-release the "Crime at Christmas" stories by Gwyn Evans.

I also read halfway through my copy of Sweeny Toddler yesterday.  Absolutely brilliant release!  I would love to see a companion volume with Sweeny stories by the other writers and artists, and I still hold out hopes we'll see a complete "Bad Time Bed Time" collection in hardback.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: Control - Paperback, 128 pages, 7th July 2020

Following on from the best selling Judge Dredd Small House this thrilling new modern classic by two of the greatest contemporary Dredd writers and artists.

The psychopathic SJS Judge Pin murders officers that fall short of her standards, and Judge Dredd is in her sights in this collection of stories featuring flesh-eating Kleggs, hijacking ape gangs and out of control war robots reprogrammed by insane accountants in tales ranging from deathly serious to outrageously funny, all from one of the most popular contemporary Dredd writer/artist teams; Rob Williams and Chris Weston.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

JUDGES Volume Two -  Paperback, 432 pages, 28th May 2020

The second volume of the hit new series exploring the early history of 2000 AD's all-powerful "Judges."

The United States of America, 2041

Eustace Fargo's new justice system has been in effect for close to a decade. The old days of long waiting times and investigative backlogs are over: judgement is quick, and sentencing is instantaneous. The old police academies have all shut down, and the new order is triumphant.

But are things any better? Unrest is worse than ever. Criminals are more likely than ever to kill rather than be caught. There's a war coming for the streets...

This omnibus collects three novellas by Michael Carroll, Joseph Elliott-Coleman and Maura McHugh.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Slaine: The Horned God - Collector's Edition - Paperback, 208 pages, 26th May 2020

Brutal sword and sorcery meets Celtic myth in the number one best-selling graphic novel - back in print, bigger and better than ever in a deluxe collector's edition.

(Amazon UK says the dimensions are 21 x 27.3 cm)

For too long the people of Tír na nÓg have suffered under the dominion of the drunes; strange druids who have poisoned the land with their magic. Sláine has had enough of their tyranny and, through the Earth Goddess, he learns some shocking truths about the priesthood and his own future. Now Sláine must unite the four kings of Tir-Nan-Og and use their mystical weapons as he and the Sessair tribe prepare for all-out war!

This new edition of one of 2000 AD's most popular stories features the stunning art of Simon Bisley (Lobo).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 October, 2019, 10:59:09 AM
Slaine: The Horned God - Collector's Edition - Paperback, 208 pages, 26th May 2020

Brutal sword and sorcery meets Celtic myth in the number one best-selling graphic novel - back in print, bigger and better than ever in a deluxe collector's edition.

(*** Amazon UK says the dimensions are 21 x 27.3 cm ***)

For too long the people of Tír na nÓg have suffered under the dominion of the drunes; strange druids who have poisoned the land with their magic. Sláine has had enough of their tyranny and, through the Earth Goddess, he learns some shocking truths about the priesthood and his own future. Now Sláine must unite the four kings of Tir-Nan-Og and use their mystical weapons as he and the Sessair tribe prepare for all-out war!

This new edition of one of 2000 AD's most popular stories features the stunning art of Simon Bisley (Lobo).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

He didn't think it too many, etc! (Mills rant presumably imminent in 3... 2... 1...)

Dash Decent

Sorry, meant to edit it, not quote it.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

I'm slightly surprised this one's not hardback, TBH.

Dash Decent

The Amazon UK listing could be wrong.  'Deluxe' equates more in my mind with hardback too.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Amstor Computer

Definitely paperback - https://2000ad.com/post/5984

QuoteSlaine: The Horned God – Collector's Edition is a 208-page 210 x 276mm paperback collection, retailing at £19.99/$24.99 and arriving in stores on May 20, 2020.

Counting down to the alternative titles now...

Slaine: The Horned God - We Didn't Think it Too Many Edition?

Slaine: The Horned God - Did You Read Pat's Blog Edition?

etc.

[spoiler]Love the story, great to see it staying in print, but not one for me - I think I must have at least three editions kicking around here, along with the original progs  :D [/spoiler]

broodblik

Some nice stuff coming next year
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Southstreeter

Massive [spoiler]Gerhardt[/spoiler] spoiler on the cover of Control!