Main Menu

Meknificent Seven

Started by Floyd-the-k, 29 March, 2006, 06:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

I've only just started reading this and it's really really good.
  Many of you will have read it already, so this won't be news. But for those who haven't, check it out. The early stories of the ABC Warriors, beginning with them fighting Volgs and then moving to Mars. Cyboons, Humpies, Chaos, the Red Death, it's all there, glorious bonkers Pat Mills action.
 Mind you, I've got no immunity to the ABC Warriors and have yet to read one of their stories I haven't liked, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

Funt Solo

Even before my first prog, I remember reading someone elses and it had the cyboons in it.

It's one of the things that got me hooked..."With tooth and claw!"
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Bolt-01

Yup, ABC warriors were my first thrill, even before Strontium dog and Dredd.

Bolt-01

Funt Solo

I reckon you've hit the nail on the head as to why I don't have an affection for the current ABC Warriors series (since they returned to Mars).

In that original series, there was a story - actually, several linked stories within the larger arc of "spreading the word" on Mars.

Today, the over-arcing story is there (there's a civil war on Mars), but there's no internal stories at all.  No cyboons to feel sorry for, no Mad George to root for.  Nothing but a protracted battle between two sets of (essentially) self-centred characters with no redeeming qualities.

The insane antics of Doc Maniacus and the banter between the ABCs provides some light relief - but that's it, really.  I hope it ends soon.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++