Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Dandridge vs. VCs Rd 3 Heat 57

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 June, 2022, 06:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So here we are final week of Round 3 and quality here will set us up well for what's to come. There are some stunning ties here and a proper local derby to really add some flavour - I was so chuffed when this one was drawn as it's a right good tie (you'll only have to wait until Tuesday...). Round 4 will be coming soon (Monday next week I imagine!) and it's going to start to get super tough... or tougher at least!

Curious one this. VCs straddles the ages, being one of the early strips that provided nostalgia for the Prog as it reformed to an early entrant from Rebellion's time. You can vote for all, either, or whatever aspect and folks did in numbers in an easy victory over Citi-Def. Dandridge is in danger of being a forgotten curio, never quite gripping folks enough to become a long running thrill, but fun while it was here and enjoyed enough to see off Urban Strike and Orlok. Different class of opponent for this one though.

Dandridge - more info

Vs

VCs - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 30th June and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Magnetica

rogue69

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

AlexF

"Different Class of opponent" is right. Dandridge deserves better than to be forgotten, but it's not a ptach on the gun-ho fun of the original VCs, or the rather more subtle soldier's life drama of the reboot.

The VCs, please.

Dark Jimbo

Dandridge doesn't deserve a shut-out. The only shame is that it seems to have been discontinued just as it was building up a good head of steam. I really liked the world that Worley was building.
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

Tricksy. Original V.C.s is a strong contender. I also loved Dandridge, which often made my laugh out loud in a way that comedy comics often struggle to do.

I'm going with the "what would I like to see a new series of next prog" argument, and siding with Dandridge.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Hmm. I liked Dandridge an awful lot, but The VCs gets this.

SBT

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me