Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Strontium DogS vs. Ampney Crucis Rd 4 Heat 32

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 July, 2022, 07:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

Strontium DogS...because I plan to read it. I have no plans to read Ampney. Clearly I have no right to vote this round...

Proudhuff

Ampney Crucis a nice change of pace for the Prog, great art and some nice Easter eggs.
DDT did a job on me

NapalmKev

Ampney Crucis.

I enjoyed it and would've liked to have seen more.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Funt Solo

Strontium Dogs: I'm contractually obligated to stick up for Monsters (because it was a solid, taught action-thriller), but everything after that was a bit pants. You may not like the character of the original Gronk as a timid medic, prone to heart attacks - but that's what he was. Turning him into Rambo-Gronk or, later, the Gronkinator, is just pissing all over the character design. Make your own character instead?

Ampney's not perfect, but it pips Monsters.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

Colin YNWA

The final vote of Round 4 hold no mystery as we head into our final day of voting. I'll announce the result in the morning and a possible (we'll see how I get on in the next couple of days) delay for Round 5. See you in the morning.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So Round 4 comes to an end and we wrap up with a pretty straight forward result. Strontium Dogs has done well, largely based on comments on the back of Monsters. Some of the latter stuff is much less fondly remembered and that seems to have caught up with the thrill. Ampney Crucis has its own weakness, its ends, if end it is, with a wimper not a bang. Suffering from that Edgington desire to move onto new things which dogs a number of his thrills will that cost it as we go on? We'll see as

Ampney Crucus

Gets trapped in the out dimension of Round 5.