Main Menu

March Previews, for "May" shipping

Started by Grant Goggans, 25 February, 2010, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Hovistocose has not updated their site yet with the March Previews information, but I would like to mention that I flipped through the issue at the nearby shop and Rebellion has three entries.

The May pack contains progs 1683-1686, stories including:
Dredd vs Mr Ambrose
Zombo's Eleven
Dante: Heroes Be Damned
Ichabod Azrael
Damnation Station
Savage: Crims

Judge Dredd # 298 includes:
Johnny Woo
Lilly Mackenzie
Travels with Muh Shrink in the freebie comic

Rogue Trooper vol 2 is the only solicited book, but that seems to be the only book scheduled that month anyway.

Nothing from Panini, but Titan has a long-awaited solicit: 160 pages of DARKIE'S MOB for $19.95.

I'll follow up with the full listings when Hovistocose updates their site.

Colin YNWA

Damn it looks like May is going to be another month of classic Progs. I know we haven't seen two of these stories yet but I'm very optimistic that we could once again reach the heights of last year.

Looking forward to Darkie's Mob, hope to get Johnny Red this weekend too.

Grant Goggans

Okay, here they are:

2000 AD PACK #12 MAY 2010
By Various.Artist Various.Cover by NA.

(W/A) Various The cult British SF anthology title, 2000 AD remains the most exciting comic on this or any other planet, featuring a stunning line-up of writers and artists! Judge Dredd must find out who wants to kill Chief Judge Sinfield in 'The Talented Mayor Ambrose'; there's tragedy in store for Nikolai Dante in 'Heroes Be Damned'; Ichabod Azrael continues his journey across the lands of the dead; 'Zombo's Eleven' comes to its manic climax; there's a war in the sun in deep-space drama 'Damnation Station'; and freedom fighter Bill Savage is back and recruiting from the underworld in 'Crims.'

(NOTE: 2000 AD pack includes issues #1683-1686.)

JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #298

(W/A) Various More pulse-pounding excitement from the world of Judge Dredd! There's an unkillable mutant on the loose in the Cursed Earth in 'Codename Weasel'; Sino-Cit detective Johnny Woo is back and investigating spectral slayings in 'A Hong Tong Ghost Story'; and plans are laid in 'Lilly Mackenzie and the Mines of Charybdis.' Plus in the bagged graphic novel this month: Mean Machine journeys through time in 'Travels With Muh Shrink' by John Wagner and Richard Dolan.

ROGUE TROOPER TALES OF NU EARTH GN VOL 2
By Gerry Finley-Day.Artist Various.Cover by Na.

(W) Gerry Finley-Day (A) Various Nu-Earth, a planet ravaged by war, its atmosphere poisoned by chemical weapons. In this battle ground between the Norts and The Southers only the Genetic Infantrymen can survive. Rogue is one such soldier, and these are his tales.

and from Titan:

MAR101135

DARKIES MOB HC
By John Wagner.Artist Mike Western.Cover by Mike Western.

(W) John Wagner (A) Mike Western Gathered in a complete uncensored collection, this is the original, hardhitting war comic story from the pen of Judge Dredd co-creator John Wagner. In the hellish, humid jungles of Burma, renegade Captain Joe Darkie leads a rag-tag squad of British soldiers behind Japanese lines, transforming them into the brutal 'Darkie's Mob.' His squad faced hardship, horror and vicious combat at every turn, as their Captain's mania threatened to engulf them all. How many will die before his bloodlust is finally sated?

radiator

Wow! Great that The Talented Mayor Ambrose is getting such a long run!

Marbles

Yay! for Darkies Mob at last.

Hopefully it's going to include the lovely sketch of Joe Darkie that Mike Western did for me just before he died. Fingers crossed.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Grant Goggans

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 02 March, 2010, 10:53:54 AM
Okay, here they are:

2000 AD PACK #12 MAY 2010

(W/A) Various The cult British SF anthology title, 2000 AD remains the most exciting comic on this or any other planet, featuring a stunning line-up of writers and artists! Judge Dredd must find out who wants to kill Chief Judge Sinfield in 'The Talented Mayor Ambrose'; there's tragedy in store for Nikolai Dante in 'Heroes Be Damned'; Ichabod Azrael continues his journey across the lands of the dead; 'Zombo's Eleven' comes to its manic climax; there's a war in the sun in deep-space drama 'Damnation Station'; and freedom fighter Bill Savage is back and recruiting from the underworld in 'Crims.'

(NOTE: 2000 AD pack includes issues #1683-1686.)

Follow-up... my comic shop did not receive this pack.  I'm curious whether any American readers got it through Diamond.