Main Menu

Where The Wild Things Are trailer

Started by the shutdown man, 25 March, 2009, 10:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: "peterwolf"the creatures look like something by created by Jim Henson.

That's bad?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "Godpleton"
Quote from: "peterwolf"the creatures look like something by created by Jim Henson.

That's bad?

I didnt say that it was bad as i was just talking about the music.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "peterwolf"
Quote from: "Godpleton"

That's bad?

I didnt say that it was bad as i was just talking about the music.

badness is implied in the sentence.

I, Cosh

I loved this book when I was a kid and the notion of something so cool yet slight being made into a film has always seemed vaguely distasteful to me. However, my most trusted film reviewer has just given it the thumbs up.

Vern speaks truth. But usually about Dolph Lundgren.
We never really die.

Professor Bear

Looks awesome even having my pet peeve - giant letters spelling unnecessary stuff out on the screen, in this case taglines and ad copy.

I'm thinking the 'padding' evident in the trailer could still work if it's dialogue-free.  Just throwin' it out there.

golledge100

The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mishief of one kind and another his mother called him "wild thing" and sent him off to bed without eating anything.
That very night in Maxes room a forest grew and grew until the room hung with vines and the walls became the world all around. And an ocean tumbled by with a private boat for Max. And he sailed off through night and day, and in and out of weeks and almost over a year..... To where the wild things are!

Off the top of my head thats half the story right there. How they are going to turn this into a film of 90 minutes is anybodies guess.

TordelBack

Yeah, it's not much of a ready-made storyboard.  I never really liked the book as a kid, but now I enjoy reading it with my wee lad.  It is however about the shortest book on the shelf that actually has a beginning, middle and end.

golledge100

I actually read it to my 2 year old all the time. As, even though I couldn't remeber the actual story I was haunted (in a good way) by the images for many years after. Its the artwork I actually have a fondness for. I can't quite put my finger on why.