Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Crusade gn - for the love of Grud why?

Started by Richard, 10 October, 2011, 11:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

I think it's either a run on sentence trying to address two points, and so fucking up big time- OR its written by someone for whom wring reviews on the internet is rad and like totally cool because the editor used to get Bs in lit, so knows his shit and stuff.

Im assume from the tone of the piece, it was meant to be complimenary, and only mistakenly DID THE EXACT OPPOSITE because like most of the fucking bollocks on the internet, another sensible, sober and talented human being wasnt there to read it and tell him before he hit 'upload'.

SBT

SmallBlueThing

And not written on his phone by a stressed, angry, sad and murderously-thinking squaxx who is heavily medicated both for physical and mental brokeness. Like the above one was, so apologies about the fingerslips in spelling.

SBT

Tombo

Also the reviewer says that Frankenstein Division appeared in 2012?!.  Interestingly I've recently purchased the progs with both of these stories in thanks to the wonder of E-Bay (in three months I've managed to get over 100 issues from before I restarted buying 2000AD) and I have to say that both stories are... below par, especially when compared to the Pit which was the first epic I read following my return to the fold.

Emperor

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 10 May, 2012, 10:54:38 PMIm assume from the tone of the piece, it was meant to be complimenary, and only mistakenly DID THE EXACT OPPOSITE because like most of the fucking bollocks on the internet, another sensible, sober and talented human being wasnt there to read it and tell him before he hit 'upload'.

Yes I felt a little copy editing might have helped, like this:

"the two stories here are mediocre, especially by the usual judge dredd standards"

Bingo!!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"