Main Menu

Two Towers Extended edition

Started by Steamboy, 20 November, 2003, 01:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Loved the extra references to (ahem) pipe-weed!

paulvonscott

"Excellent! Paul you've restored my faith of the films"

Wait!  You havn't heard my theory that it's a terrorist recruitment drive yet.

You see you have the two 'Allies' who have superior technology and forces and watch over the world from their towers (which for reasons of taste I won't go into).

Then you have some brave undermanned and technologically backward good guys defending against the agressive invaders who want to have a regime change.

You have Frodo the suicide ring destroyer, or should that be suicide bomber?!?  Carrying the ULTIMATE weapon (original the wepaon of the sliies) to mount doom.

Did Osama Bin Laden and Saddham Hussein get executive producer credits!?!

You couldn't make it up!

Next week in my column:  Frodo the Homo

Richard Littlejohn

Tiplodocus

I'm quite excited. Mine arrived today (17-99 from DVD.CO.UK, thanks for the nod, Esoteric Ed) and I think I shall be watching it on Saturday night.

IIRC, Tolkien was always preferred application to analogy so he'd be quite chuffed with your interpretaion PVS.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

paulvonscott

Also, the commentary and documentaries seem to be just one big love-in, it's utterly sickening.

Tiplodocus

PVS, you grumbly old sod, there's nothing wrong with people getting on and having a good time.

Anyway, I couldn't resist and had a sneak peek at some of the extra scenes. They all look very nice, my only grumble is that there seems to be more anachronistic dialogue sneaking in. It may be my imagination and some of the lines a straight from JRR himself but I fear Shelob may appear on screen in the next film and Frodo says "This is so not good!".

Anyway, has anyone found an easter egg on it yet? IIRC the Fellowship extended had a trailer for the Two Towers on it so I'm rather hoping for a Retorn of the King trailer.

paulvonscott

"there's nothing wrong with people getting on and having a good time"

Well, I's argue that, but really, 4 commentaries and another 4 hours of documentaries about how everyone was so talented and giving, I almost puked my barely beating shrivelled black heart out.

esoteric ed

-- I'm quite excited. Mine arrived today (17-99 from DVD.CO.UK, thanks for the nod, Esoteric Ed) and I think I shall be watching it on Saturday night. --

My pleasure Tiplodocus, enjoy it... sadly mine hasn't arrived yet :-0

Ed

http://www.signs2go.biz/images/postman.jpg">

ukdane

Anyone know of any Easter Eggs in the Extended Edition of Two Towers (Region 2)?

I know there was one on the Extended Version of Fellowship.

Cheers
Cheers

-Daney

Tiplodocus

I'm still looking - hopefully for a Return of The King trailer.

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

There's some well scary stuff in the extras.  I watched one last night where they had transformed ARewen into a kick ass action heroine and written her into the battle for Helms Deep (just so they could get the love interest together). There's even some footage of her fighting stunt Uruk Hai.

Fortunately, sanity (or was there an internet petition as implied?) prevailed and they rewrote it all... Phew - that would have been so Hollywood and mundane!

Woolly

Damn right!

It was good of them to explain the changes made to the book as well, cause lets face it, for the film to work the changes had to happen.

Any info on easter eggs would be welcome!
(Ive still not found the Fellowship one cus im crap! Can anyone give me a hint?)

ukdane

The fellowship one, is the Two Towers trailer introduced by PJ.

To access it place Disc two of the extended version (region 2) into your dvd player, go to choose a scene.
Go to the last scene (IIRC 48) and press down an image of the two towers will appear (bottom right of screen) select it to see the trailer.
Cheers

-Daney

Dunk!

The only one i know of for The Two Towers.

On the first disc, go to the scene selection and then highlight chapter 30. Press down to reveal a ring. Press enter to see Gollum's acceptance speech from the MTV movie awards

Well worth it.
"Trust we"

Woolly

ukdane

Tulkas: that's not on the region 2 extended version though (at least it's not on MY version) is it?

:-(
Cheers

-Daney

Dunk!

Erm. Truthfully I don't know. A colleague e-mailed me that one this morning so i haven't had time to check it out.

Apologises all round if it doesn't work on region 2 and also "Hey New line, what a fuckin swizz, give us the same as America ya bastards!"
"Trust we"