Main Menu

Futurequake #2

Started by GordonR, 22 June, 2004, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

Well, I just got a copy of Futurequake #2 through the post.  I could comment on the stories, I could say what a thrill it was to see Paul Glasswell's tasteful story (and Pitchfest audience favourite) 'Sperm Count' finally in print, I could join in the chorus of why oh why aren't some of these people working for 2000AD.

I could do all that, but instead I'm going to complain bitterly that there was 7P OWING ON THE POSTAGE AND I HAD TO PAY IT.

You cheap bastard, Wyatt.  That's one way to make an enemy for life of a Scotsman.

paulvonscott

If money is owed on stuff sent to me, I have to drive miles to the sorting office and pay a fine.  I may not live as far North as Gordon, but it makes me canny angry.

I think the Sp*rm C**nt story is a foul monstrosity, it should never have been born.

(Yes Gordon, your comp copy of Big War Comic will be with you soon)

Matt Timson

I think that now you're using his icon, you should change your board name to Cosmic Ray.

Johnny Eyebrows, aged 9
Leicester.
Pffft...

paulvonscott

Or maybe I should just get another icon before Cosmic Ray finds out.  Hmmm...

Dudley

EMERGENCY APPEAL

Due to a shortage of funds, The Gordon Rennie Critique, a work experience project for aspiring young writers, has had to close, leaving several people in dire need of criticism.

Please help.

If just 7 people donate 1 pence each a month, that's enough to buy a new Gordon Rennie and help struggling young comic talent.  Eventually we also hope to raise enough to pay for the Gordon Rennie Memorial Bar Tab, but this is not about those far-off dreams, this is immediate and urgent.

If you think you can help, please contact us at The Save The Gordon Rennie Critque and just... give what you can.

Remember: a Gordon is for life, not just for tonic.

JamieB

Also, as it's now technically "the future", can you please rename the comic "NowQuake"?

? Some twat, practically every issue

Mr C

Does he come with a free copy of Necronaughts though?

Pyroxian

>can you please rename the comic "NowQuake"?

Does 2K still get those letters then J-Bo?

Steve

Matt Timson

I think we should call the comic "2005 AD" and add another year on every year.

I blame Jamie.  He encourages these people...
Pffft...

Oddboy

I'd've accepted it if they changed the name at the beginning of 2000 or at the end of 2000.  They didn't, and it's too late to do anything about it now.

Better set your phaser to stun.

JamieB

Unbelievably, yes. "3000 AD" seems to be the most popular current duh-think on the issue. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, PEOPLE!

J-Bo-1

Oddboy

Can we rename the *actual* year from 2004 back to 1904, so that 2000AD is still in the future?

Generally Contrary

I wrote a letter encouraging the return of '2000AD and Starlord', before quitely dropping the embarrassing, anachronistic part of the title.

paulvonscott

I pledge One Penny for the fund, Dudley.

Jamie now 2000AD has come and gone, should we stop setting satories in the future, and set them in the 90's and 80's etc.  Otherwise you're just being a hypocrit, really.

Oddboy

And surely 3000AD *IS* going to happen... just not for another 996 years.