Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Up to this point I've avoided being a cheeky git and copying these. Lego Metta Lawson and Kill-a-Man-Jaroo may well have just broken me... I'm sorry for steeling... well assuming I get of my lazy arse to do so...

ming

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 28 December, 2018, 07:11:27 PM
Up to this point I've avoided being a cheeky git and copying these. Lego Metta Lawson and Kill-a-Man-Jaroo may well have just broken me... I'm sorry for steeling... well assuming I get of my lazy arse to do so...

I'd be delighted if you want to take a crack at any of these, Colin! (The same goes for anyone else.)  I can supply a Stud.io file and / or parts list and also have a crack at providing a set of instructions, so just let me know if you want anything.  The easiest way to make the dream a reality is to get the parts required through Bricklink (that's what I do anyway: Stud.io design > Bricklink parts list > order through sellers via there).

Anyway, I'll continue with the CATT but it's going to take a while...

Dandontdare

Lawson's braid is lego genius!

ming

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 December, 2018, 09:07:11 PM
Lawson's braid is lego genius!

Thanks, DDD!  The braid was the main focus when I started Lawson; I knew if I got that right (or half-way acceptable) the rest would be easy.  There's usually one feature that I feel I need to get right if there's any hope for the character to work and it's a nice brain-straining excercise to figure out stuff like this.

Meanwhile, work on the CATT progresses - probably about half way done now I think - and the boys have been making suggestions for what I should do next (a few options; some easy-ish, some definitely not).

ming

I've done the front legs (twice) and am now approaching something I can bear looking at.  I had a plan early on and it all worked in my head but then reality kicked in and scales don't match so compromise is inevitable.  Still, getting there.  A fun challenge and one that makes me wonder about some other possibilities a bit.

ming

It's been a pretty quiet year for me Lego-wise but I've had a few characters, at various stages of development, lurking in the background.  Having messed around with various options for Stickleback's spine (see below) I eventually settled on the one that seemed to work better than most.  Requires a longer back than I'd like but it looks okay overall I think, so I'll get this finished and built in time for the now traditional Christmas round-up.  Not quite sure on a colour-scheme (I could just try this in greyscale) or the final details so any suggestions are very welcome!  I might reduce the front body length to allow for longer legs, maybe...

IndigoPrime

Bolt-01

Delightfully awful!

In another world you'd be getting snapped up by lego proper to produce these so they are commercially available instead of the ubiquitous POP figures.

TordelBack

Dunno how I missed your mounted Metta, but I think your art has reached new hitherto-undreamt-of heights there. 

Stickleback is lovely too, but now you need the whole sick crew... best of luck with Mr Lugs & Mr Peepers and Ms. Scarlett!

IndigoPrime

Natch, I'm now going back through this thread, and just remembered I have a Billy Half a Bricklink order sitting around, with Strontium Dog figures in. Argh. *hovers over BUY link*

ming

You're all far too kind!  Just to bore you all some more to make up for being slack in recent months...  Tried a longer leg / shorter body Stickleback and preferred that so moved it on a bit more.  Not perfect but this one is fiddlier than expected - I tried to adjust the back of the tailcoat where the spine attaches but went around in circles for an hour before opting for my original solution.  Not 100% sure about what I've got here so far but I'll plonk some arms on and see how it looks.  I've got a few more characters to try and get finished over the next few weeks so I'll drop some progress shots and ask for advice...  Not sure which characters I'll focus on; some are a lot harder than others (I more or less gave up on Blackblood's cap but will revisit it soon).

Colin YNWA

Arh Ming you are a work of wonders... or is that your works are wonderful... dunno but works either way for me.

Woolly

Always in awe of your genius Ming  :o
I fully expect to see these in the xmas prog - don't let us down!  :thumbsup:

ming

I had a minor brainwave about something else I got stuck on (Hammerstein's chin guard thing) so dug this out again - think I might be getting somewhere so there's a remote chance I might get further with the Meknificent Seven-ish than I thought.  Still tweaking Hammerstein but I'll  get back to Blackblood's hat soon I guess...

(I start with the heads since most of the character is tied up in that part of the design; if I can't get that right I'm generally doomed.)

ming

Started on Mongrol, mainly as a way to avoid dealing with Blackblood's cap.  Not sure I'll stick with the squared-off head but it might sit okay among the variety of forms of the other members of the crew.  It's a start, anyway...