Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Board hugs to the Mighty Mike!

Mike Gloady

Thanks again everyone.  As it turns out crawling to the keyboard is the only thing I was able for today, all your best wishes have done make my heart tremble.  Thanks to you all. 

Recent aberrance aside, this still really is the friendliest place on the web.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Van Dom

Bloody hell Mike thats the worst news mate. I'll be sending positive vibes your way.
And Steev too....what a headwrecker for something like that to happen. cant believe it could be someone whose posts I read and interact with on here regularly....woah!
What a heavy couple of days around here....
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

locustsofdeath!

Mike, best of wishes. My mom recently had a tumor that thankfully turned out to be benign, so while I don't know exactly how you feel, I know that you must be agonizing. Truly, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Roger Godpleton

"Poker Face" is the most downloaded song in UK history.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Legendary Shark

Only just learned of your awful news, Mike. I'm so sorry and I wish you well.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

Mike Gloady

Thanks again folks.  On the upside her wheelchair arrived today so her year of enforced indoorsyness is over.  Had a quick run up the shops with her, park tomorrow.  Picnic with grandkids planned later in the week.  Oh yes. All this takes teh sting away.

Roger's news is completely nightmarish and there doesn't appear to be a silver lining.

Odd_Bloke

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 08 September, 2009, 06:27:23 PM
Roger's news is completely nightmarish and there doesn't appear to be a silver lining.

I guess at least downloading music is considered an acceptable thing to do now...

House of Usher

Quote from: Odd_Bloke on 08 September, 2009, 11:34:40 PM
Quote from: Mike Gloady on 08 September, 2009, 06:27:23 PM

I guess at least downloading music is considered an acceptable thing to do now...

Not round 'ere. We burn witches!
STRIKE !!!

Odd_Bloke

The digital camera which was nicked in our burglary had all of the photos from my 4 week trip to America on.  I was just browsing through the photos thread and saw the White House/Capitol photos and it made me sad.  :(

TordelBack

Ouch.  That's a pisser, Odd Bloke.  I once had a laptop nicked with a pile of unbacked-up (never again) holiday photos on it, and even years later I feel a twinge when I think about it.

Mike Gloady

because, after only one afternoon of renewed vigour and lease on life following the delivery of her wheelchair, my mum spent the last few days in bed, unable to do anything other than suffer until we got her into the local hospice this morning.  She doesn't have long.

The silver lining?  She's very comfortable, happy and, when she's awake and lucid, she's been nothing but lovely and fun and upbeat putting me and my brother to shame.  Helping her eat her ice cream and drink her tea (and getting dirty looks when we're not being quick enough with either) was a joy, if not a pure one, unalloyed by sorrow.  Those are the memories I'll hang on to when she does eventually leave us (which will probably be in the next 24 hours unless I miss my guess).  It'll get harder, but this afternoon/evening holding her hand seeing her smile as visitors arrived made it that easier to bear.

Minkyboy

My family's thoughts and prayers are with you Mike.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000