Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

I hadn't been planning on getting anymore Mega Collection volumes, but I'm going to have to get War on the Streets. There are some all time classics there.

paulbyrnewex

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 19 May, 2018, 10:08:21 PM
Quote from: djbawbag on 19 May, 2018, 04:16:12 PM
Has the first Uncle Ump story appeared anywhere in the collection?

Not so far, unless it's in Crazy Town - any subscribers care to enlighten?

Uncle Ump's Umpty Candy (Prog 145) is in 88 Crazy Town

djbawbag

Otto Sump and Uncle Ump! Sounds like another nice collection.
Have you got the full contents?

Tomwe

QuoteIssue 88/Volume 84
Crazy Town

131-132 Sob Story
136 Palais de Boing
145 Uncle Ump's Umpty Candy
148 Alien Seeds
183 The Aggro Dome
186-188 Otto Sump's Ugly Clinic
280 Gunge
290 Blobs
356-358 Citizen Snork
413 Spugbug
436 Get Smart
447 The Ugly Mug Ball
480 Russell's Inflatable Muscles
527 Simp
574 Simp About the House
1070 Bum Rap
1119-1120 Simp City
1267 Couch Potatoes
1634 Born to Zoosh
1635-1636 The Performer
1726-1729 Persistent Vegetative State
4.12-4.13 Citizen Sump
Annual 1985 Arms Buying Almanac
Courtesy of Pinwig on the Transformers fan forum Transmasters
Also:
QuoteIssue 89/ Volume 89
Psi Judge Anderson: Dead End

1102-1103 Psi-Judge Anderson - Lawless
2011 Cadet Anderson - Big Girls Don't Cry
1734-1739 Cadet Anderson - Teenage Kyx
1780-1785 Cadet Anderson - Algol
1833-1839 Cadet Anderson - One in Ten

332 Psi-Judge Anderson - The Pits
343-349 Psi-Judge Anderson - Dead End
359-360 Psi-Judge Anderson - Mutineers[\quote]

abelardsnazz

Cool, some classic stories in the last two Dredd volumes. The Anderson stuff is all new to me so looking forward to that too.

Apestrife

As with the war on the streets volume, I dont remember/recognize all of it, but the eps I do —Damn if I dont look forward to Crazy town :D

For the collection as whole. Only stories -for me- missing is the dave the orangutang-ep, bloc judge and dark justice + last of Maybe. Really happy with it :)

EDazzling

If anybody's looking for some gap fillers I've got a a full third of the collection up on eBay, ending soonish

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=silas_hand&_sop=1

Tomwe

Started reading the Otto Sump book - kills me that this stuff was not included in the original 80. It's pure gold.

abelardsnazz

With the contents of the final Anderson volume, the collection looks to have compiled a comprehensive set of her stories up to the most recent ones, with the exception of a number drawn by Steve Sampson. Anyone know whether there are rights or continuity reasons for this?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 24 May, 2018, 12:28:52 PM
Anyone know whether there are rights or continuity reasons for this?

Could it be because they're terrible?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 May, 2018, 01:02:05 PM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 24 May, 2018, 12:28:52 PM
Anyone know whether there are rights or continuity reasons for this?

Could it be because they're terrible?

That, or the current owners of the Loaded photo library are worryingly litigious?  ;)

James Stacey

Jade Falcon

There was one of the stories in my Crazy Town book seemed to be very heavy on the reproduction.  I can't remember which one off-hand, but did anyone else get that?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 24 May, 2018, 07:42:31 PM
There was one of the stories in my Crazy Town book seemed to be very heavy on the reproduction.  I can't remember which one off-hand, but did anyone else get that?

Spugbug in my copy was like that, I guess it depends on what there is available to work with. Bum Rap didn't hit the rhythm that I normally find with Dredd stories, but these two niggles aside, Crazy Town is a great read, some classic stories and some that were new to me, a standout being the couch potato idea. And great to see all of Otto Sump's arc throughout the volume, I may even have had a little sob of my own at the end. Bravo.

Tombo

The repo for Spugbug in the Case Files is terrible, you can hardly read the opening spread.  The version in the Mega Collection isn't the best but it's a lot better than the CF.