Main Menu

Godzilla (2014)

Started by Goaty, 10 December, 2013, 06:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

It just won't be the same without Ferris, Leon, Moe and Flanders.

Hopefully.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 December, 2013, 12:25:46 PM
Sing it with me!!!

Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTItRfN-LO8

(try and ignore the goddam Godzuki bit)

My nick name in school was Godzilla (surname starts with 'God...') and my little brother was Godzuki.

I hated Godzuki.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Recrewt

I have not seen much of the original Japanese movies but I never really had a problem with the '98 movie.  I can see it is a different Godzilla, which might upset some fans, but other than that it was a great child friendly action movie with some impressive effects.

Hawkmumbler

I'll be happy if they can squeeze a few of my favourites in. Anguires, naturally has shared the longest rivalry with the king and would make a great addition to the film. I also have a soft spot for Megalon, but Gigan is my favourite classic Toho antagonist.

Knowing our luck though we'll get landed with fucking Mothra though! :lol:

Rog69

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 11 December, 2013, 03:47:58 PM
I'll be happy if they can squeeze a few of my favourites in. Anguires, naturally has shared the longest rivalry with the king and would make a great addition to the film. I also have a soft spot for Megalon, but Gigan is my favourite classic Toho antagonist.

Knowing our luck though we'll get landed with fucking Mothra though! :lol:

Godzilla will definitely be fighting other monsters in this movie, the first leaked teaser trailer from SDCC had a dead, multi limbed monster in it, it is believed to be called Muto. You can see the leaked teaser here -https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=594038590656072&set=vb.100001498083636&type=2&theater , this is the only source I can find and it gets taken down quickly whenever it pops up on line.

They also showed a clip (at Comic con I think) where we see one of the creatures attacking a jumbo jet on a runway before Godzilla shows up to fight it, nobody managed to film this but there a few descriptions floating around on line.

I would love to see some of the classic monsters from the series show up too, Gigan would be cool but I would like to see Ghidora as well.

TordelBack

Thanks for the link to the teaser Rog, that Oppenheimer audio really makes the hairs stand up! 

von Boom

It sounds like Godzilla at least.

Dunk!

Quote from: Rog69 on 11 December, 2013, 06:32:32 PMGodzilla will definitely be fighting other monsters in this movie

See now that i get.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

von Boom

Official Japanese trailer. The same except they've put in a shot of Ken Watanabe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzcpLOsO9-I

Zarjazzer

May any detractors be swept away by a giant claw somehow.

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

strontium71

...because I hate you.

Goaty

Oh that is good! and so the new Godzilla is 5 times biggest than that 1998 version?

von Boom

Here's how he stacks up over the years.

shaolin_monkey

That radiation is still working its magic then.

strontium71

...because I hate you.