Main Menu

Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

You get a name-check Sheridan!

Interesting episode, I really must try to find and dig out my old Diceman (Dicemen?)

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 September, 2019, 12:42:53 PM

Interesting episode, I really must try to find and dig out my old Diceman (Dicemen?)

There's only one Rick Random!

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 16 September, 2019, 01:31:23 PM

There's only one Rick Random!

Rick Fortune.  There's only one Rick Fortune.

I think I got away with it!

SpaceSpinner2000

I think it might actually be "Dicemans"
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

abelardsnazz

Really enjoyed the Diceman episode, it brought back a lot of memories.

The Slaine stories were collected in a Titan edition, which is available on Ebay and Amazon.

I'm hoping the stories will be reprinted in the 2000AD Ultimate Collection, but failing that a volume from Rebellion would be fantatstic.

Eamonn Clarke

Episode 103 finds me in the garden of Niche comics in Huntingdon with Garry Hill discussing the Fall of Deadworld by Kek-W and Dave Kendall. We also chat about Niche comics, Park Run, and next week's inaugural eastern contingent meet-up.

Listen in at

https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2019/09/103-fall-of-deadworld.html

sheridan

A comic shop with a garden?  I don't think I've ever encountered such a thing (and I'm in my fourth decade of visiting comic shops, across two continents).

Eamonn Clarke

Coming up in the next 6 weeks

The Dead Man (at last)
Meltdown Man
Judgement Day

and then it's off to Thought Bubble for some live recordings

Eamonn Clarke

The Dead Man walks into a book club as I welcome back multi-talented art droid Mark Sexton down the line from the Sydney Conurb development of Oz to discuss a stone cold 2000AD classic. We also chat about his impressive Hollywood credentials as well as backing the Rok the God kickstarter.

Beware!!! Spoilers haunt the cursed earth night. Read the book first. Last warning.

https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2019/10/104-dead-man_13.html

sheridan

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 09 October, 2019, 09:45:03 AM
Coming up in the next 6 weeks

The Dead Man (at last)
Meltdown Man
Judgement Day

and then it's off to Thought Bubble for some live recordings

Excellent - really looking forward to Meltdown Man - part of the darkness of the 1990s was when editorial of the time slagged it off - one of Belardinelli's greatest works for 2000AD.

Eamonn Clarke

" Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister"

Part of Mark's double grail page spread.