Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption

Started by amberkraken, 18 May, 2010, 08:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

SmallBlueThing

Bit the bullet, so to speak, and bought this yesterday in a break from setting up The Night Gallery. As soon as the sprogs are in bed tonight, I aim to give it a go.

See you all next year then!

SBT

Dan Kelly

Aha, managed to get sharpshooter level 10!  Sacrificed some honour and cash to do it unscathed though...

Now to bag the last couple of hunts...

mogzilla

i cant get the six disarms in one go even in armadildo someone always gets in the way or they dont pull their weapons out at the same time (ooer missus)
any tips?

Orlok

My mate said he did this using the Mauser Pistol (and bandana to avoid bounty) by pulling it in front of an officer who then pulled his gun in response. Then he simply simply shot it out of his hand and repeated.

Rex Banner

I did the six disarms in the gang hideout in Pikes Basin using the Evans Repeater which holds 22 shots. Stay on horseback and just ride up close.

Also if you go into dead eye it reloads without it registering as a reload.

Richmond Clements

Spent a charming couple of hours last night gathering flowers.

Plus- shooting people from horseback is fucking awesome.

Judge Olde

This was the last game I got on my PS3, really loving it. My only gripe, on the multi player - there were french people online! :lol:

SmallBlueThing

Spent a couple of hours last night getting used to this... Managed to shoot some rabbits and a few coyotes. Weird bit in the rabbit-shoot, where it was registering one bunny left, but the red dot was over one that was blatantly dead, splattered to buggery over the crops. I eventually shot it again after spending ages looking for a hidey-wabbit, and then all was good again.

However, got horribly stuck on the horsey racing, as it took me ages to figure out the controls and that i was supposed to follow the fires. Hey, i havent played video games properly since Rambo on the c64! But today i got my seven year old to complete the race so i can move on tomorrow night. He did it second go, the little sod.

Which reminds me... The game's 18 rating: is it down to blood, animal-skinning and shooty bits entirely? Or is there sweary sex, etc? Cos its so much fun that id love the boy to play and while im not fussed about the shooty survivalist bits in theory, im one of those parents who wont tolerate fucking shitting swearing.

SBT

Keef Monkey

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 August, 2010, 02:35:06 PM
Spent a couple of hours last night getting used to this... Managed to shoot some rabbits and a few coyotes. Weird bit in the rabbit-shoot, where it was registering one bunny left, but the red dot was over one that was blatantly dead, splattered to buggery over the crops. I eventually shot it again after spending ages looking for a hidey-wabbit, and then all was good again.

However, got horribly stuck on the horsey racing, as it took me ages to figure out the controls and that i was supposed to follow the fires. Hey, i havent played video games properly since Rambo on the c64! But today i got my seven year old to complete the race so i can move on tomorrow night. He did it second go, the little sod.

Which reminds me... The game's 18 rating: is it down to blood, animal-skinning and shooty bits entirely? Or is there sweary sex, etc? Cos its so much fun that id love the boy to play and while im not fussed about the shooty survivalist bits in theory, im one of those parents who wont tolerate fucking shitting swearing.

SBT

It features fucking, shitting AND swearing I'm afraid.

SmallBlueThing

Fucking, shitting AND swearing?? That's it! Im writing a strongly worded letter to someone.
SBT

Richmond Clements

I don't mind a bit of swearing and that in a game, but in this one more than any other, I felt that there was no real need for it- this could easily have been all ages and lost nothing of the gameplay and enjoyment.

SmallBlueThing

I do get the impression that with videogames, much like video films back in the eighties, the 18 certificate is a desirable badge of honour, aimed at attracting just-pubed males. That's fine though, we grownups need our thrills too. But id love games consoles to have a clever content-filter, cos from what ive seen it would be much appreciated by small boys. He was begging me to let him play on after the horse bit, and i had to refuse, pointing out the rating and saying it had stuff in that wasn't right for him to see. Then i hid it on the high shelf, cos the little bugger is nothing if not tenacious...
SBT

mogzilla

got me level 10 sharpshooter! took some advice but did it in blackwaters police station. killed the guy behind the bars then waited for the rozzers to get miffed and took the six shots on two guys ...and made it out alive thanks to my excellent horsey!

the flower collectings a bit boring though innit?

Richmond Clements

Quotethe flower collectings a bit boring though innit?

I take a perverse pleasure in it- he's meant to be some rock hard killer man, and he has to pick flowers to learn to survive in the wilderness (or something) and to [spoiler]help out some old codger.[/spoiler]