Main Menu

Spines

Started by Fleetos, 12 October, 2011, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

some of those Charley's war spines don't even look the same HEIGHT, let alone design. I may have to have a lie down in a darkened room to get over that.

SmallBlueThing

I have a littor alarm that goes off when this thread is updated- and wherever I am in the world and whatever I am doing,  I make my excuses and nip off to a quiet room, whip it out and spend a few happy minutes gazing at the thing that makes me happiest in the world.

SBT

Skullmo

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 21 October, 2013, 02:27:40 PM
I have a littor alarm that goes off when this thread is updated- and wherever I am in the world and whatever I am doing,  I make my excuses and nip off to a quiet room, whip it out and spend a few happy minutes gazing at the thing that makes me happiest in the world.

SBT

Ahh, you have the complete Zenith book too?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Hawkmumbler

This thread reminds me of my love/ hate relationship with Viz Media and IDW. The former published te first two volumes with a tin silver shine to the cover and spine. After that it was replaced by a dull, grey tone. Wankers. The latter NEVER have a series of trades that are the same height. My Doctor Who tpb's look like a sea of jagged edges. Wtf?

vark

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 October, 2013, 03:23:11 AM
Such a pity about the outer spine of number three and as for the dent on the inner spine of number four. I would have sent it back and asked for another.
Yes, but as I rarely use them without their dust jacket it doesn't bother me too much. And as all the books were sent through amazon, overall I consider myself lucky. :-\

vark

Hilarious advert in French bandes dessinées magazine about the new volume of a series that changes his format from half vertical A4 to plain A4.

"hysterical wave of reactions among collectors: volume 5 of Animal Lecteur is published in a different format!"

"Why?, Why?", "It will exceed in the shelf" "They've done it, they have dare!"

vark

And I forgot in the left low corner: "For sale in the most courageous libraries"

CrazyFoxMachine

TordelBack

Funniest thing I've seen in ages!

TordelBack

Although it's no laughing matter.  :geek:

IronGraham

He He hope Judge Burdis didn't hear me :ssh:
We're werewolves not swearwolves

vark

IronGraham

What do the US case file spines look like?

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: IronGraham on 13 December, 2013, 09:35:22 PM

I watch this thread with a permanent scowl, as the torture that is the spine debate continues :'(

IronGraham

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 December, 2013, 03:29:21 AM
Quote from: IronGraham on 13 December, 2013, 09:35:22 PM

I watch this thread with a permanent scowl, as the torture that is the spine debate continues :'(

(Run for the radiated hills)