Main Menu

List of all the Dredd film sequel/Prequel comics...?

Started by DIrishB, 08 November, 2017, 04:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DIrishB

I'm a big fan of the 2012 Dredd film, and have been collecting the sequel/Prequel comic stories to the film as the come out. Just wanted to verify and see if I'd missed any.

So far, as far as I know, there's been:

Dredd - Top of the World, Ma-Ma
Dredd - Underbelly
Dredd - Uprise
Dredd - Dust
Dredd - Furies
Anderson - The Deep End
Anderson - Judgement Call
Dredd - The Dead World (forthcoming)

Did I miss any, or is that the whole list so far? Just trying to make sure my collection is complete. :)

sheridan

Looks complete to me.  I gather the Dead World will be the last 2012 tie-in :-(  Presumably to allow for future tie-ins to be Judge Dredd: Mega-City One based...

DIrishB

Quote from: sheridan on 08 November, 2017, 12:36:37 PM
Looks complete to me.  I gather the Dead World will be the last 2012 tie-in :-(  Presumably to allow for future tie-ins to be Judge Dredd: Mega-City One based...

Yeah, it's solicited with following description so you're likely spot on:

Quote...and we return the world of the movie DREDD for the last of the comic-book sequels "The Dead World" by Arthur Wyatt, Alex De Campi and Henry Flint as entities from another dimension emerge in Mega-City One.

Shame, I really enjoyed the pocket universe sprung off from the film. Hopefully they'll revisit it down the road in additional tales in JD Megazine.

Magnetica

I'm happy to move on from the movie world Dredd strips. As a world it was great for the film. In fact it was defined by the limitations of what they could shoot on the budget they had. But for the comic it is like a stripped down version of the main strip, missing the wackier elements that bring so much to it.

Doesn't mean it's bad, just not as flexible.

Mardroid

I'm curious how they deal with the introduction of Judge Death, for that reason.

Bolt-01

I'm going to bet he's a mutie from the cursed earth rather than another dimension and rather than actually sinking his hand into you- he's just going to shred his victims.