Main Menu

Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves

Started by Alec Worley, 05 April, 2023, 04:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 May, 2023, 10:58:58 AMEven when Yendar clearly explains how the booby-trapped bridge works and how to circumvent it, the PCs still manage to fuck it up

I liked how the bridge was also a great example of an overly-complicated puzzle-trap. There's that sense that the DM puts a ton of work into some aspect of the world that the players either skip, circumvent or are just baffled by.

And that Yendar's (NPC) personality was terribly wooden as he didn't understand metaphor.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

lincnash

I swore I would not watch this because IMO Chris Pine is a very poor actor.
Visited friends over the weekend and my mate also being an ex-D&D nerd, convinced me to sit in as he re-watches.
I was totally surprised, it was really quite good and Pine played the sweet talking Bard character perfectly.
As Funt posted above, I thought of some DM spending hours creating his deadly bridge trap/puzzle and the PC's took 2 second to stuff it up.
Liked the Fighter arguing with the Magic User "can't you just magic a solution?" in the tavern.
The Mimic in the maze puzzle at the end almost had me lol'ing.
Overweight Dragon.
Gelatinous Cube.
Way more AD&D remember-berries than you can shake a "hither tither stick" at  :lol:
Last modern movie I enjoyed was Villeneuve's DUNE, this was very different but quite fun and enjoyable after starting in with very low expectations.
:)