Main Menu

Stand out neighbours?

Started by Apestrife, 17 June, 2018, 05:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Oh and I can't beat Spike Milligan (that's a great story), but we did used to live next door but one to Eric Sykes' brother

The Enigmatic Dr X

No stories but loving everyone's work on this thread.
Lock up your spoons!

CalHab

Quote from: Apestrife on 28 June, 2018, 04:23:27 PM
No idea who Spike Milligan is (gonna google it), but based on what you wrote. Sounds like one hell of a guy. Thanks for sharing :)

His war memoir, "Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall", is well worth a read.

paddykafka

Worst neighbours I ever had moved into the flat beside me last year.

Originally, it was a young single mother and her new infant daughter. While I wasn't exactly overjoyed at the prospect of a crying / screaming sprog in the room beside me - as loud noises are one of the major triggers for my chronic anxiety and other issues - I assumed / hoped that it would be a temporary measure until the social services found suitable accomodation for them. I also had a natural human sympathy for their situation and for the first week there were no real problems. But then she went and moved her psychotic teenage boyfriend in with them as well.

(My first encounter with that charmer was about a week after she set up home. The pair of them were having a very loud screaming match on the doorstep. I tried to reason with them to keep quiet, explaining that there were other people living in this house and suggesting that they should go to the nearest park where they  could both scream and shout to their hearts content. The response of her boy-friend - who shall henceforth be referred to as Brain-Dead Scumbag or BDS for short - was to turn his anger on me instead, to the extent that he actually challenged me to a fight right there and then.

Now I'm normally a very peaceful, non-violent person by nature, but I can not remember instantly hating somebody at first encounter for a very long time. One look at BDS's mad, evil eyes told me that this vile, low-life creep was brimming with bad attitude and clearly did not give a toss about anyone but himself. It took some effort of will on my part not to take him up on his offer but to add insult to injury, as I walked away and they resumed their row, I clearly heard him shouting: "Fuck that old prick! I'll throw a fuckin' petrol bomb through his fuckin' window!"

I doubt if this moron could even spell the word "petrol".)

So as well as the kid, I now had these two screaming fuck-wits to contend with beside me as well. And scream they surely did! Rarely a day went by without them rowing, shouting, punching and fighting each other, throwing and smashing things around their flat, alternatively kicking or slamming both their door and the house door nearly off their hinges. It could start as early as seven am or as late as mid-night, and last for anything from one to three hours at a time.

In one instance, as the row moved from their flat into the hallway of the house and to the front door, I clearly heard her shout at him: "Ya hit me! Ya punched me in front of me daughter!" He didn't deny it at all and instead tried to deflect the blame onto her mother instead. Go figure!

Anyways, to cut a long and insane story short, after enduring these psychos for over FIVE MONTHS - during which I did not have a single, peaceful nights sleep and was permanently on edge to the point of being suicidal because of the disruption they caused - they were finally moved on by social services to be inflicted upon some other unfortunate neighbourhood in the country. (If it was up to me, I would have had the innocent child taken into care and leave the two of them to rot in a leaky one-man tent, off a round-about under the M50.)

I should note that I was - and still am - on sick-leave from work through anxiety, depression and other issues, and for which I am still waiting to see a psychiatrist to be given a definitive diagnosis over a year later.

(Ya gotta love the Irish Mental Health system. Biggest fucking joke - ever!)