Main Menu

40th Anniversary Special

Started by sheridan, 22 February, 2017, 12:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prodigal2

Got it and loved it-content, salutes to the past, all of it just struck a lovely note for me.

So worth the dosh. It made me feel warm and emotional.

Mattofthespurs

Mine has still yet to arrive despite ordering on the 13th of Feb.

Copies in my local newsie are now starting to mock me  :(

sheridan

...and on a sad note - I guess Blood is the story that Steve Dillon would have illustrated.

Dandontdare

I was planning to wander into town today to pick this up, but the weather is VILE out there (cheers, Doris) so I ordered it from the 2000ad shop instead!

dweezil2

Quote from: sheridan on 23 February, 2017, 02:18:13 PM
...and on a sad note - I guess Blood is the story that Steve Dillon would have illustrated.

That was my thoughts reading it.  :'(
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 February, 2017, 02:20:27 PM
I was planning to wander into town today to pick this up, but the weather is VILE out there (cheers, Doris) so I ordered it from the 2000ad shop instead!

As the headlines said, it is indeed Doris Day!

Mattofthespurs

Woo-hoo!
Ordered on the 13th of Feb and have a dispatch notice today.
So excited to receive these a week later than everyone else.

I heartily recommend the web shop.

No, really.

:|

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 February, 2017, 02:20:27 PM

You might get it for the 41st anniversary at this rate.

oshii

Nowt from the postie here today either.

Apestrife

Z.O.M.B.O alone was worth the admission. Lovely little go at Grant Morrison :)

With Al saying in an interview he'd be up for more as long as Henry got the time for it, I'm hoping  :D

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Apestrife on 23 February, 2017, 09:05:28 PM
With Al saying in an interview he'd be up for more as long as Henry got the time for it, I'm hoping  :D

Yeah just hope they can get this fitted into schedules. It would be fantastic to have more.

user2000

No special prog for me that I paid £1.67 to have delivered when I could have got it quicker at the shops.

This is getting a bit annoying now, although obviously this prog hasn't arrived purely because it was only posted on Wednesday, but my normal prog usually doesn't arrive until Monday or even Tuesday now - I'd say one in every four comes on the Saturday like it used to.

Not just the prog though, some of my other mags seem to take longer than they used to - no point complaining to the Royal Mail though, last time they told me that the sender has to put the complaint in.

Anyway, my sub is not up until August or so, but I cannot see me resubscribing this time if this doesn't improve - Saturday prog is the big draw for me.  May as well get it at the shops on the Wednesday or go digital.

sheridan

Quote from: user2000 on 24 February, 2017, 04:17:35 PM
This is getting a bit annoying now, although obviously this prog hasn't arrived purely because it was only posted on Wednesday, but my normal prog usually doesn't arrive until Monday or even Tuesday now - I'd say one in every four comes on the Saturday like it used to.

Not just the prog though, some of my other mags seem to take longer than they used to - no point complaining to the Royal Mail though, last time they told me that the sender has to put the complaint in.

At work I've noticed RM service go downhill drastically in the past few years.  I'm in an office in Central London, so theoretically if a privatised Royal Mail / Post Office is going to prioritise anybody then it's going to be the business customer, but regularly we're getting stuff (1st and 2nd class) that was posted a week earlier.

I've also had the problem with complaints where the sender is the only person they listen to - which didn't help me when my local council sent me a final demand for council tax (all previous demands had been 'delivered' somewhere else - I never did find out where).

DrJomster

Really enjoyed this! A lovely treat celebrating the big 4-0 with no mean amount of fun nostalgia to wallow in. Hard to pick out a favourite, but I might give a special mention to the almost Python-esque competition in Slaine. Excellent work, those droids!

In fact, excellent work all round!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Richard

I thought it was brilliant.

I was a bit dubious when I read in the Megazine that two people I'd never heard of before had been let loose on Durham Red, but I needn't have worried. It read exactly like an old-school thrill by Wagner and Grant themselves, and I hope it leads to a new series.

And I liked the interview with John Probe.