Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Feeley Good

Dr Feeley Good

Just a quick reminder that the Henry Flint Dredd page I have on eBay at moment will be finishing tomorrow afternoon ! .....cheers

ming

Good luck with the sale, Steve.  I'm tempted to jump at it, but I'm trying to stay focused this year and avoid buying (much) art.  At least my McCarthy commission is pretty much finished; should keep me out of trouble for a while.  Looking forward to seeing what you're getting with the proceeds!

maryanddavid

I got this Patrick Goddard for my birthday last year, only got around to taking it out of the tube last night, its really nice.

chaingunchimp

just too metal

my blog: http://chaingunchimp.blogspot.com/

For awesome original art by top comic creators please visit:

http://berserkercomicart.com/

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SteveMillar on 03 February, 2012, 10:45:42 AM
Just a quick reminder that the Henry Flint Dredd page I have on eBay at moment will be finishing tomorrow afternoon ! .....cheers

Well I'll be, wasn't expecting that. I just gone and got myself an 40th B-Day present. I contacted Henry Flint last year and asked if he was doing commissions as my wife said she'd get me one for my 40th (tomorrow Sunday 5th). Alas he wasn't and so I was going to switch to Colin Wilson but couldn't sort that. At which point I drifted from the idea.

Then this came up and I thought what the heck, it'll no doubt go out of my price range but no harm in trying. Wasn't about today when it ended so put my final bid in this morning thinking I'd get gazumped last minute as so often happens. I didn't which is all a very long way around and about say I won this.

YAH ME!!!

No idea about the relative value of original art but then its worth what you want to pay so I'm so, so chuffed with this. An original, colour, Henry Flint Dredd... that's about as good as it gets in my book.

...now to persuade Deb my wife that it gets to join the ranks of on display art... I think tomorrow might be a good day to ask...

ming

Good stuff! Congrats on a lovely page and a very nice birthday present (I got myself two - Bad Co. unofficially, McCarthy commission more official - and so long after the event I can persuade myself it doesn't count).  I really need to dig up a nice Henry Flint page at some point...

Spikes

Yeah, congrats on winning Colin. Thats a good price you got it for. Is this your first piece of original art? Its a highly addictive hobby, you know ....

Colin YNWA

Only got a few others and budget constraints mean it'll not rocket up. But every so often I treat myself.

Spikes

A little treat now and again is the way to go, think i need to buy a new piece of original art, havent bought one for a while. Doesnt seem to be that much out there at the minute though.

Fatboydale

Quote from: The return of Judge Jack on 05 February, 2012, 12:18:38 PM
A little treat now and again is the way to go, think i need to buy a new piece of original art, havent bought one for a while. Doesnt seem to be that much out there at the minute though.
its all hiding under my bed ....i wish ...lol

Spikes

Quote from: Fatboydale on 05 February, 2012, 12:28:46 PM
its all hiding under my bed

Yes, thats what i thought,  ;)
Still admiring your McMahon Fink DPS over on CAF, Dale. Tis a thing of beauty.

Dr Feeley Good

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 04 February, 2012, 04:39:13 PM
Quote from: SteveMillar on 03 February, 2012, 10:45:42 AM

Well I'll be, wasn't expecting that. I just gone and got myself an 40th B-Day present. I contacted Henry Flint last year and asked if he was doing commissions as my wife said she'd get me one for my 40th (tomorrow Sunday 5th). Alas he wasn't and so I was going to switch to Colin Wilson but couldn't sort that. At which point I drifted from the idea.

Then this came up and I thought what the heck, it'll no doubt go out of my price range but no harm in trying. Wasn't about today when it ended so put my final bid in this morning thinking I'd get gazumped last minute as so often happens. I didn't which is all a very long way around and about say I won this.

YAH ME!!!

No idea about the relative value of original art but then its worth what you want to pay so I'm so, so chuffed with this. An original, colour, Henry Flint Dredd... that's about as good as it gets in my book.

...now to persuade Deb my wife that it gets to join the ranks of on display art... I think tomorrow might be a good day to ask...
Artwork is packed up and ready to go....will post it first thing in the morning Colin...cheers

Fatboydale

Quote from: The return of Judge Jack on 05 February, 2012, 12:37:40 PM
Quote from: Fatboydale on 05 February, 2012, 12:28:46 PM
its all hiding under my bed

Yes, thats what i thought,  ;)
Still admiring your McMahon Fink DPS over on CAF, Dale. Tis a thing of beauty.

It is a nice page , even had a an offer of swapping Bolland Dredd page for it ... !!!

here is another page i found ..